What Are You Listening To?

I like listening to good music!!! Not what you have put up on your post... You sound like you're from NewyYork city and that you cut and paste other people's musical ideas onto a canvas and call it your own... Maybe those chemicals being emitted from the sewer holes along the side streets of NYC retard the brains of the city dwellers and that's just as original as the culture gets... 'Detroit Rock City's is a good feeling song! So 'Suck my kiss'!
Troll.

Did you join an art forum just to insult another member's musical tastes? That won't get you very far here.

Tone down the negative rhetoric and maybe show us some of your original artwork.
"TROLL! Troll in the dungeon!!" 😉 Harry Potter reference. Felt it applies.

Following the passing of David Crosby, I spent some time today listening to a couple of albums by The Byrds:

R-3171508-1319312119.315.jpg

TurnTurnTurnCover.jpg

I like listening to good music!!! Not what you have put up on your post... You sound like you're from NewyYork city and that you cut and paste other people's musical ideas onto a canvas and call it your own... Maybe those chemicals being emitted from the sewer holes along the side streets of NYC retard the brains of the city dwellers and that's just as original as the culture gets... 'Detroit Rock City's is a good feeling song! So 'Suck my kiss'!

I must be getting old. Years ago... especially back when I was active on that other art forum, Wet Canvas... I would have likely have savaged this comment. Now I just don't have time for such nonsense... especially from someone I don't know who doesn't know me.

Mahler1.jpg

Finally hooked up my computer speakers fo I can listen to music on Spotify. I haven't listened to Mahler for quite some time. It's every bit as marvelous as I remember. :love:

View attachment 27800

Finally hooked up my computer speakers fo I can listen to music on Spotify. I haven't listened to Mahler for quite some time. It's every bit as marvelous as I remember. :love:
I adore Mahler as well. Fischer is such a wonderful conductor. Of my many recordings of Mahler's Das Lied von der Erde, the one with Iván Fischer conducting Gerhild Romberger and Robert Dean Smith with the Budapest Festival Orchestra is one of my favourites.

I must be getting old. Years ago... especially back when I was active on that other art forum, Wet Canvas... I would have likely have savaged this comment. Now I just don't have time for such nonsense... especially from someone I don't know who doesn't know me.

You pay that troll no mind SLG, besides I know that you're not from NYC. ;)

Been listening to some of Earl Nightingale's lectures for some much needed motivation.

I like Nigel Kennedy's interpretation very much.
That is very good, I've never heard it before. I like all of The Doors music, but Riders On The Storm is an iconic song from the 70s that everybody recognizes and it sits in our subconscious. Apparently Nigel Kennedy recognized that. Jim Morrison was quite a poet as a songwriter. And the musical compositions are very different from other pop music of that period.

Last edited:
That is very good, I've never heard it before. I like all of The Doors music, but Riders On The Storm is an iconic song from the 70s that everybody recognizes and it sits in our subconscious. Apparently Nigel Kennedy recognized that. Jim Morrison was quite a poet as a songwriter. And the musical compositions are very different from other pop music of that period.
Yes, and I can't believe the enfant terrible Nigel is 66 years old!

Back