Weekly Art Event Nov. 26 - Dec. 3

Thanks Penny, Maureen, Jessie, Kay M for your comments on my hands painting.

Jessie, sorry to hear of your autoimmune disease.

Penny, yet another way to shine. Glad this brought back happy memories for you and some others here.

Kay M, lovely painting illustrating the poem. I had never read it before so thanks for the link.

This week I've painted mine from my photo taken when we were driving to Queenstown and Arrowtown New Zealand. This is at the end of Lake Wakatipu at Kingston where we stopped for lunch. The sun was shining on the lake so brilliantly it hurt our eyes to look at the water. So I thought of this scene when I saw the "Shine" prompt for this week. That's the Remarkable Mountain Range to the right of the painting and a tiny little mountain in the middle of the painting (away in the distance) is where Queenstown is situated - those that have holidayed in NZ may have been to Queenstown.
25cm x 30cm - PanPastels on Mi-Teintes pastel paper
Lake Wakatipu.jpg

Beautiful landscape Viv. I just love the shine on the water - a perfect answer to the challenge!

Beautiful landscape Viv. I just love the shine on the water - a perfect answer to the challenge!
I agree completely. I love how the light reflects off the water and the play of light and shadow on the mountains. Just a beautiful scene.

A lovely scene, Viv. The mountains look as if they’re made of ice. Well done.

Thanks Penny, Maureen, Jessie, Kay M for your comments on my hands painting.

Jessie, sorry to hear of your autoimmune disease.

Penny, yet another way to shine. Glad this brought back happy memories for you and some others here.

Kay M, lovely painting illustrating the poem. I had never read it before so thanks for the link.
Thanks, Viv.

Thanks everyone for participating this week. We had lots of wonderful art and good conversation.

If you would like to host a week, you can sign up here.

New prompt is up. I've changed my mind at least 3 times but do like the one I chose.
The first one looks like we had 16 paintings done, second we had 11, and this last one was 8. I'm sure the holidays will slow everyone down a bit.

New prompt is up. I've changed my mind at least 3 times but do like the one I chose.
The first one looks like we had 16 paintings done, second we had 11, and this last one was 8. I'm sure the holidays will slow everyone down a bit.
Thanks Kay. I agree that the holidays will slow things down. That's why we're skipping the two big holiday weeks.

Back