WEEKLY ART EVENT , JANUARY 7th - 14th

Hello, Anne. He’s great. Makes me think of Bob Dillon! I’m very pleased to meet him! 🎸🎼🎺🎹

Penny - Your sketches are very nice. I love the RCA Victrola one!
Anne - Love the figure, as they are so difficult.
Jo - Plenty of colors - it is fine.

I'm trying to post in some of the other forums here and another site, and one only has so much time. Perhaps I am not as creative as the others, but I prefer photo prompts like in Watermedia and Wildlife. Those forums get a lot of participation. Or perhaps it can be up to the host? Maybe have a theme of photos? This has probably been discussed already, so that is just my opinion.

Thanks, Joy. I’m pleased you like “His Master’s voice.

I think the use of a word or phrase is to set off the imagination. If you like photo prompts, there are those sort of challenges, and I take part in those, too. I think there is a case for both sorts of prompt.

I agree with Penny. I first participated in a prompt type challenge a few years ago with Inktober and really enjoyed it. I also participate in the Scavenger Hunt here that is totally prompt based with no photos used at all. I also participate in challenges with photo prompts.

What I will do that may help is create a tutorial of how to get a group of photo prompts using one of the free image libraries online.

I realize the word prompt is to "spark creativity" ;). I'll have to work on that!

Of course, Joy. It would be good to have you join in. It need only be a sketch, nothing major!
A new prompt is due tomorrow.

Penny, thanks for the info. I need to just sketch and work more quickly, but always spend too much time on something. At the same time, I do not want to just throw anything out there just for a "participation trophy". I would like to do more in the Art From Life forum to practice my drawing.

The new Weekly Art Event for January 14-21 is here. Hope to see you there!

A tutorial that explains how to get reference images using a prompt can be found here.

Back