Valentine's Day, wife has Alzheimer's

I have to agree with your remarks Bill, I have lost 3 close family members to cancer after lingering for a long time. I think it is easier (never easy, but easier) if they are taken suddenly than having to watch them linger and suffer. But take comfort in knowing that you have done and are doing every thing you can. Just keep loving her and remembering the earlier good times. ❤️

BTW Bill, just remember that when you get lonesome and feeling blue, come over here to Creative Spark and read comments in whatever thread interests you and post your feelings and someone will try and boost your spirits. :giggle:

I dread either of us having to put the other into care elsewhere. Alzheimers scares the hell out of me.

My father's mind was sharp as a tack, but his body useless. He was tortured by the fact that he was "a disgusting blob" his last year. I am not sure which is worse, frankly. He also was angry. They kept his body going along. I swear if I have to be put in a home, I will stop eating.

In the nice weather, can you take her outside? I have a step relative whose wife suffered and even at the end, when he took her outside in the sunshine, she noticeably enjoyed.

Carol DOES get to go outside, and spend time on the patio. However, it is my presence that triggers her bad behavior, so as much as I miss her, I try to refrain from being with her.l

Ah, I was hoping she would connect the outdoors with you coming to see her....

I am sorry for your heartbreak and will keep you both in my thoughts. Have patience and courage and hold fast to the many wonderful memories you have made together over the years. ❤️

Back