Two For The Road

Enyaw

namuh
purple.jpg

green.jpg

Both 11 x 14 inches .. oil on paper .. Alla Prima .. painted June 12th and 14th of June24
To continue my conversation with myself I think another seperator of artist is color. Style being number one but a lot of artist have the same style yet seperate themselves with their palette so being as I paint as I paint I will go back to exploring color more. I need to make better color choices before I paint as constantly changing ones mind can lead to mud and that is as bad as too much intensity: least ways in my eyes. So after these I will chase color more intently.

Both are lovely, however that first one is extraordinarily beautiful. I love the mauve shades in the flowers. ❤️ 🌸❤️

Two more floral beauties! I prefer the colors of the first one too but I can appreciate the subtle shading you did on the yellow blooms in the second one. Color is such a personal choice when painting and it’s interesting to follow along with you, Wayne.

They're both lovely, but I agree that the first one carries the day. :)
So after these I will chase color more intently.
Now that's exciting! Your palettes are already things of beauty!

Thank you Terri and JennieJo.

Terri: I am a little excited as well to see where it will lead me. I know the first one opened my mind to an old concept I've used before but without getting ahead of myself, the first one is just using tube color without adjusting the hues with a mother color. I have the first one done and will post it tomorrow when the surface has allowed the wax to matte the finish.

Both are excellent. Something about the 2nd is more intriguing to me though. It's that lower green that "contrasts" with what upper darker clay color that does it for me. The matte finish of it. It's different. It's special. ♥️

Back