Troubled Landscape II and III

I relate big time! Health issues and the art coming out if it. All the feelings. Which is fine. Work through those feelings! Get them out.
But honestly, these pieces stand on their own beautifully, regardless. Love ‘em!👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

PaintBoss - I'm sorry to hear your art is also affected by health issues. It's beyond frustrating! I can't use my hands without pain and if one more person suggests I should learn to paint with my feet or with a brush in my mouth I will throw something ... oh wait I can't use my hands. 🙄

It sure is frustrating! I stare at my canvases. Too weak to even draw a lot of the time. But i know what i want to paint! Ideas! I share your feelings. And thank you, I am sorry to hear you are really struggling too. One thing i have done is try to encourage other artists I see. I try to spread good vibes around if I can’t do anything else. It has been suggested that I try digital art on my stronger days. Maybe that is a good idea. I just haven’t really felt pulled in that direction. I tell you what, it is true, you sure miss all the things you could do when you can’t do it anymore! Actions that you took for granted. Simple movements. In my case, breathing easily too. I hope you still try and can make progress even in little steps when you can. Your work is lovely and that creativity needs out somehow!
I had sold all my beautiful big blank canvases and a lot of my art supplies. It took a long time to get to that point. I can’t say it felt good doing it either. But I kept one or two back just in case, and this week after a year at least, despite having a difficult week and hardly able to raise my arms, I painted a large abstract! It’s almost done. And I took a lot of chances doing this because it can provoke many more medical problems. But psychologically I just had to do it! I really couldn’t move much the next two days. But it was still worth it. The art is in us Donna! Once in a while that part of us has to reappear. Not this 24 hour medical manager/patient business all the time!
Good luck and take care

Wow Paintboss - you painted an abstract! I can feel the excitement coming through in your words and I'm so happy that you were able to accomplish this! 😃 I'm sorry you paid a physical price for painting but like you said, it's about being well psychologically too. Even if you can only do this once in a while it will be so worth it to feel like your own artist self. Thanks so much for sharing and take care of yourself too!

Beautiful and moody.
Sad to hear that you have health issues.
Hang in there and keep going. Both pieces are stunning g!
❤️

Wow Paintboss - you painted an abstract! I can feel the excitement coming through in your words and I'm so happy that you were able to accomplish this! 😃 I'm sorry you paid a physical price for painting but like you said, it's about being well psychologically too. Even if you can only do this once in a while it will be so worth it to feel like your own artist self. Thanks so much for sharing and take care of yourself too!
Thanks Donna, you take good care of yourself and never let the artist in you completely disappear. 🙂 You and I will hang in there and do what we can! Maybe it will be different, but never give up. And if you want to smack people for suggesting painting with your mouth, I have to laugh. I get it! But if you have that feistiness in you, the abject horror at the suggestion, YOU have alot of fight still in you! You will find a way to be creative I’m sure! That’s a good thing.😁

Back