Today's sketches

JennieJo

Experimentalist
Contributing Member
2 abstracts, sketchbook, A4, coloured pencils-derwent, pastel pencils and a few of my 'odd' favourites. Both come after some skimming of mythology books. Can't pick an actual story that was the stimulus. Just a mixture.
1000003909-01.jpeg
1000003902-02.jpeg

Mythology is a great way to get the brain going! These are very good sketches. Who knows where you might take them?

Your lines and colors are lovely in both. ❤️

Mythology can be so much fun. I remember as a kid finding a great big book in the library and it was old then. Only the title on the grey cover, ‘Greek Mythology’. Lots to read and I loved the illustrations. It was all fun and captured my imagination.
I like your pieces. I like the soft, ethereal feel of the second one the most!🙂

Mythology can be so much fun. I remember as a kid finding a great big book in the library and it was old then. Only the title on the grey cover, ‘Greek Mythology’. Lots to read and I loved the illustrations. It was all fun and captured my imagination.
I like your pieces. I like the soft, ethereal feel of the second one the most!🙂
Thanks. I enjoy the the characters and the way the stories evolve. have several large books, I prefer those without images, so I can dream up my own versions before I see other versions. Funny thing, I was never much into fairy tales as a kid.

Mythology is a great way to get the brain going! These are very good sketches. Who knows where you might take them?

Your lines and colors are lovely in both. ❤️
Thanks Terri. My challenge today: transfer recent processes to sketches of birds, for a landscape. Its not an abstract, yet. But I can feel 'a change a comin'.

Back