Today's Project.

JennieJo

Experimentalist
Contributing Member
Title Options: Sea Change Roadmap. Or, We've come a long way.

I've been working on my portrait expectations, my own, for a while. I am ready to add detail to the canvas to end up with this image! I have the pose and the clothing, but everything is flexible. It is 4 of my acrylic and oil works digitally mixed, and a sketch I just can't find right now.

Any thoughts, suggestion, observations are always welcome.

1000001557-06.jpeg

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1684802185175-01.jpeg
    FB_IMG_1684802185175-01.jpeg
    324.8 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_20221204_164248_433.jpg
    IMG_20221204_164248_433.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 26
Super, I like this portrait already! Looking forward to seeing where you go from here. :)

These are all beautiful, Jennie! Great variety of palettes and shapes.

I'm especially fond of the first one. Can't wait to see how you work these through!

Wow, I can't wait to see what you do with this! The colors and light on that portrait are so beautiful!

Title Options: Sea Change Roadmap. Or, We've come a long way.

I've been working on my portrait expectations, my own, for a while. I am ready to add detail to the canvas to end up with this image! I have the pose and the clothing, but everything is flexible. It is 4 of my acrylic and oil works digitally mixed, and a sketch I just can't find right now.

Any thoughts, suggestion, observations are always welcome.

View attachment 35912
Stage 1, acrylic on board, with some pastel thought marks.. Think I have the pose, almost. The face is close to the model.
1000001678-01.jpeg

I'm very intrigued by this colorful figure. Can't wait to see where this takes you, Jennie!

This is my favorite piece of yours ever!!!
Wow! Thankyou. I am really trying to go deeper into stroke options, shadows .... All the essentials :D so this has been much more a strategically planned image. Maybe a way forward.

I'm watching it too. Definately not procrastinating because I'm scared! Will post once next layer is done.
Yeah- I don't do that either.... :rolleyes:

All the time- I do it all the time. Haven't touched what's on the easel in over a week; I have a great excuse, but that's what it is, an excuse.

Go at your own pace- don't force it until it's force or it's dead.

Just re read all you wonderful comments. They do make a difference. Still looking at partially completed work.

Back