Tiny Stitched Landscapes

Hawkmoth

I really enjoy stitching these tiny landscapes - each about the size of a credit card. Both of these are kits from a company called Rowandean, but I'm starting to work on my own designs now. They are really relaxing to work on. When completed I can mount them into greeting cards, or frame them with inexpensive small wooden frames. First is a photo, second is a scan. I'm not sure which works better for embroidery.

White House Embroidery_edited-1 (313 x 239).jpg

Tree Landscape (278 x 392).jpg

Thanks for your kind comments folks, they are very much appreciated.
Informal hand embroidery like this is so enjoyable and relaxing, and you don't need so much skill or accuracy (as needed for formal embroidery).

These are beautiful! You do such good work, formal or informal - your details are always exquisite.

Great job!

Incredibly detailed and tedious. You are talented in so many media. I've never seen anything like that before.

I love very much these embroidery miniatures.
I have at home two small embroidery pieces, the first one 5x7cm, the other 5.5x9cm, framed with nice frames from golden metal and velvet. Their subjects are landscapes including country homes, somehow similar to the first image, above. I think they were made long years ago by my mother and my sister.

Thank you so much for your comments! It's really nice to share things like this with other creative people.
These are wonderful! I'll be looking out for what you come up with for your own designs.
Thanks so much laika, I will definitely post them then! The sketches I've done are a little larger so I'm not sure whether to stitch them that size, or shrink the sketch down to credit card size. I guess I'll just try both ways and see!
I love very much these embroidery miniatures.
I have at home two small embroidery pieces, the first one 5x7cm, the other 5.5x9cm, framed with nice frames from golden metal and velvet. Their subjects are landscapes including country homes, somehow similar to the first image, above. I think they were made long years ago by my mother and my sister.
I would absolutely love to see those, if you can take a photo.

Wow, these look really nice. I think the photo works a bit better than the scan as the light seems softer.
I think you are right. The stitching appears slightly blurry in places, but the light is definitely softer and more pleasant to look at.

Your embroideries are very beautiful, both of them. I am very happy to see them here, especially because such an art is not often marketed. I hope you will not stop this.

In my home-country, many women sew different subjects (similar to real paintings ) on some special materials. Then, the final product is usually framed and hanged on the walls. Also, in the past, all the table-clothes, bed-clothes and even blouses were manufactured and then sewn at home with special motives, representative to each region from our country. I possess some embroideries done in my childhood (by me, by my mom or by my grandma) or inherited from my husband's grandparents.

Back