This paintings been a real daemon

Mississippi Hippie

12”x12” acrylic. Reworked it, did first layer this Winter. It was torture to rework and create originally… I think it’s more “resolved”? Probably one of the toughest mentally… maybe because it was the first I made after new years.. maybe because I was using new brand of paint.. and it’s not particularly important to me… it just really twisted me.
IMG_4301.jpeg

This one may have given you a hard time but it turned out well! I like the colors, especially the way you used the red - it’s kind of a background but at the same time it’s a big part of whatever is going on.

This is really good and has just enough differential features (the white turning smears). The composition is great. Sometimes, the biggest battles with paintings turn out to be the greatest and look like they were easy. This seems to be one like this. I have a few of those. You'd never know what a pain they were. It's a good pain in the end.

This one may have given you a hard time but it turned out well! I like the colors, especially the way you used the red - it’s kind of a background but at the same time it’s a big part of whatever is going on.
The red is from new layers, and it shows growth thru strength in how you can overcome confusing situations that shape who you are.
This is really good and has just enough differential features (the white turning smears). The composition is great. Sometimes, the biggest battles with paintings turn out to be the greatest and look like they were easy. This seems to be one like this. I have a few of those. You'd never know what a pain they were. It's a good pain in the end.
the white turning smears are from a spill of a big jar of white onto the carpet when I was moving a book and painting, the stain came out the carpet and the rag washed clean, at least it almost did, the rag was used for the smear.
it is a good pain in the end, and I’m proud of the painting, something I couldn’t honestly say after it’s first layers this January.
And I did an experiment you suggested, I painted shapes side by side and exaggerated some shapes on paper using paint many times and twice using a pen. It was a nice exercise. I think it’s helped my technique and expression, and I guess made me a little more eloquent.

Back