The painted and the framed

N

Nufocus

This is one of a series of studies (or whatever one wants to call them) I did last year those two imaginary girls. I’ll try to post more later, if they’re saved. This one is acrylics on paper.

29343AF7-F0D8-40CF-938C-95B8ADE2AC33.jpeg

This is great and I love the girl in the painting on the wall too! ❤️ :giggle:(y)

Wow! I LOVE how this turned out. Just beautiful! The face (the main one) is outstanding. ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

Hey Nufocus, you are right about Arty & sno, bless 'em.

From my limited knowledge and understanding of these things, it seems that you have pulled off an unusual and difficult thing in making the foreground a coolish black/white and the background a warm red/yellow, all to great effect IMHO.

Something I am more sure of is that that is not a painting, but that the b/g girl is really there in her universe, looking through a window, into the room or alternate reality of where the f/g girl exists. The b/g girl is somewhat curious as to why, but wistful and resigned to the fact that she can never cross through the window into where all the attention and action seems to be. The f/g girl seems happy with the situation.

How's that for a weird take. I have recently given up coffee again, and maybe this is a withdrawal effect.

Gorgeous. A little moody, maybe pensive. Wonderful expressions as always.

I will join in thanking Sno and Arty - you are doing a great job on the site. I only wish we had a few more contributors.

Thanks for the sweet and heartfelt acknowledgement guys. That means everything! I know sno appreciates it very much too. ❤️

Hey Nufocus, you are right about Arty & sno, bless 'em.

From my limited knowledge and understanding of these things, it seems that you have pulled off an unusual and difficult thing in making the foreground a coolish black/white and the background a warm red/yellow, all to great effect IMHO.

Something I am more sure of is that that is not a painting, but that the b/g girl is really there in her universe, looking through a window, into the room or alternate reality of where the f/g girl exists. The b/g girl is somewhat curious as to why, but wistful and resigned to the fact that she can never cross through the window into where all the attention and action seems to be. The f/g girl seems happy with the situation.

How's that for a weird take. I have recently given up coffee again, and maybe this is a withdrawal effect.
Trier, firstly yes, the black and white is certainly meant to contrast with the red and yellow. And your “weird” take is greatly appreciated! Many thanks.

Gorgeous. A little moody, maybe pensive. Wonderful expressions as always.

I will join in thanking Sno and Arty - you are doing a great job on the site. I only wish we had a few more contributors.
Susan, you always bother to pay attention to my pieces and add your great comments and for that many many thanks.

Back