The other "White House" x-post pastel

Bartc

Had a great time painting with our group today at Hidden Villa in Cupertino, CA. Fabulous works! Early drizzle didn't chase us away and the day opened up nicely.

My one today was pastel on Dark Blue PastelMat, 9x12", of the flowering bushes in front of the small white house. B. Charlow 2023
Hidden Villa white house 2023.jpg

What a charming and vibrant display you had to work with, Bart. Very nice!

Good way to sum it up, Donna. It was a charming Victorian house and garden.
BTW, this photo turned out terrible. For some reason I can't get a good representative shot of this particular painting.

I love this one. Plein air is so much fun especially out with a group. I take photos of pastels in direct sun and find there is very little correcting of the photo then. Thanks for sharing. I love pastels, too.

I love this one. Plein air is so much fun especially out with a group. I take photos of pastels in direct sun and find there is very little correcting of the photo then. Thanks for sharing. I love pastels, too.
For some reason my photos often have a blue tint when done outdoors. Think I have to remember to shoot in exactly the light I painted or it may be shadowing temperature problem. I just don't have this down yet and trying to correct in Photoshop is hit and miss.

It's lovely and vibrant, and looks great on the dark paper. I really like the tree in the centre. 🙂

I really like this! Apart from being bright and chearful, it has composition that works kinda breaking the "central" focus "rule". You are forced or I am, to look at the other aspects. Thanks Bart

Back