The one that got away.

Jane

02E74A28-0E80-47A5-8093-FC0DC5F7DDF4.jpeg Oil on canvas, lost this painting. Went to pick it up and walked out without it. Not sure what happened to it.

My Gosh, what a loss !

This looks to me like a real beauty with all the Gauguin colors and ambiance, even though it's surrealistic.

What a shame you lost it! It's so good, it has a very interesting composition that keeps you looking and I love the use of primary colours.

Oh no! What size was it? It does have a Gauguin vibe for sure. It's so creative. It's a beauty for sure. Is there a way to recover it?

Oh no! What size was it? It does have a Gauguin vibe for sure. It's so creative. It's a beauty for sure. Is there a way to recover it?
Oh I think it was 18 x 24. I have no idea where it went. I went to pick it up from an exhibit and somehow left without it. Must have gotten distracted.

I'm so sorry to read this. That is the lowest of the low ... stealing a precious work of art.

I've also had work stolen and it's awful. One time, 10 years later, I got one back! It was so weird. It was damaged, but at least it was returned.

thanks everyone for the sympathy. I look at it like at least it’s out there and someone might be enjoying it. Otherwise it would be sitting in stack of canvasses in a corner.

Back