The Next Sketch Is

This thread idea originated on WC's photography forum and was later adapted for the Art Journals section. It is fun to post an image that references the previous one and then give a subject for the following person to show. The idea is that artists can dredge through old works to find a suitable one to post. No time limit. It can go on until people become bored or do a new work to fit the subject. I'll restart it here for people to join in using sketches or paintings. If you post a reply to the subject requested be sure and type at the bottom the words "the next sketch is"_________.

Here is one to start using 'bird'.

View attachment 11257

And the next sketch is: Something recent
Prequel sketch for 'looking for bones of next large work.
".
This thread idea originated on WC's photography forum and was later adapted for the Art Journals section. It is fun to post an image that references the previous one and then give a subject for the following person to show. The idea is that artists can dredge through old works to find a suitable one to post. No time limit. It can go on until people become bored or do a new work to fit the subject. I'll restart it here for people to join in using sketches or paintings. If you post a reply to the subject requested be sure and type at the bottom the words "the next sketch is"_________.

Here is one to start using 'bird'.

View attachment 11257

And the next sketch is: Something recent
Hi, I would like to join in this stream, but am unsure about how to find the current theme.

This is something recent. Prequel for major work im pondering over.
IMG_20220106_222235-01.jpeg

".

Hi, I would like to join in this stream, but am unsure about how to find the current theme.

This is something recent. Prequel for major work im pondering over. View attachment 17703
@JennieJo, you have to go to the end of the thread to see the last post. At the bottom of that post, the next subject will be stated by the last poster. :)

".

This is something recent. Prequel for major work im pondering over. View attachment 17703
I did laugh when I worked it out. 🤣 stopped trying to find themes and dates and just scrolled down to see all the great works. Don't think I could keep up! But will be a regular s roller.

Back