The look of acrylics vs oils

Yes... I like Golden... although they are very expensive. They also have some great neon colors like those in the Rosenquist painting used above. Do you know if they can employ the heavy metal pigments such as cadmium? When I was using them in school you only had cadmium hue. And the metallic look like crap.

Golden acrylics have a very high pigment load, are available heavy-bodied or fluid, and gloss or matte. As mentioned they also make what they call open acrylics, which have a long open time like oils, but I got sick before I could try them. I would never use any other brand (save when I made my own from dry pigment and Kremer acrylic dispersion). They're the best.

I just got a set of those Open Acrylics, but haven't used them yet. I will soon though.

Golden does offer real cads (as well as cad hues), in the heavy-bodied line. Don't know about the others.

The pigment load is so high that a little goes a long ways. You get what you pay for.

Their product info far surpasses that of any other company.

Golden Technical Info

Hope you feel better soon, Arty.

Yes the squirrel is acrylic as is the fiddle, and the BMW :sneaky:

I will concede that I am still not convinced that acrylics cannot look as deep and vibrant? as oils. I suspect that using some gloss gel medium for instance one could get some deep 3d impasto. And then layer a bunch more over it because it dries quickly. I need to try some impasto knife type stuff with acrylic gel medium. Have you tried anything like that?

No, I've never tried using the gel medium nor impasto medium. I painted by the Jerry Yarnell method.

So I came in last again in an art competition; no T shirt, huh ?

Just you wait till next time !

So I came in last again in an art competition; no T shirt, huh ?

Just you wait till next time !
Why I've got a T-shirt you can have. It has a few stains on it from cow poop and maybe a hole or two in it but a prize is a prize. :LOL:

Wow ! Thanks !

I will pick it up the next time I swing by; you can skip the awards ceremony as I am too modest to participate.

Wow ! Thanks !

I will pick it up the next time I swing by; you can skip the awards ceremony as I am too modest to participate.
We'd be remiss to have a large gathering anyway due to the pandemic so I'll just wrap it nicely and hand it out to you. :giggle:

Back