The Good Life

Thank you Katie. This was a lawyer I was referred to, an entertainment/copyright lawyer, whom I needed to do some work on my manuscript and he loved my artwork. He was more than 250 an hour and we worked out half cash and half trade on the painting for all the work he did with me, which was extensive. He wound up handling some other things for me with Amazon (they were posting illegal prints of my work) and many other things he helped with, so I definitely got the better deal. He would also represent me for free should I ever have to go to litigation regarding my book, so that's reassuring.

Thank you Katie. This was a lawyer I was referred to, an entertainment/copyright lawyer, whom I needed to do some work on my manuscript and he loved my artwork. He was more than 250 an hour and we worked out half cash and half trade on the painting for all the work he did with me, which was extensive. He wound up handling some other things for me with Amazon (they were posting illegal prints of my work) and many other things he helped with, so I definitely got the better deal. He would also represent me for free should I ever have to go to litigation regarding my book, so that's reassuring.
Wow sounds like you definitely got the best deal! It is nice to have people like that in your life in case you ever need them again.

Maybe my favorite of yours, Arty.

It would have been great if my wife could have seen what you do. Thanks.

Back