The Enyaw File - 2023

"Shades of Blue" is incredible. Those deep blues are one of your many specialties. Delightful! ❤️

002.jpg

11 x 14 inches .. oil on paper .. alla prima .. painted Jan 3/23

I decided I would further tilt Cezanne's idea and with that came the idea of a picture hanging crooked on a wall. Then this came from that and we'll leave it that the point of inspiration was a tilted object in a straighten frame. IE>. when this is framed it would look like
this. The painting glows much better but photos are photos.
FotoSketcher - 002.jpg

I simply love how one piece can strike up a conversion in my mind and then the idea of another painting comes to birth.
Have a good day and thanks for dropping in.

Love the idea of the tilted painting. Where I live (southern California) - we have earthquakes all the time, so my wall hangings are tilted all the time! :ROFLMAO:

Thanks CaliAnn
Here is a study I did and stuck in on a shelf to dry and proceeded to forget about it. I found it today. There's a painting there: I just have to figure it out.

rose.jpg

"Yellow Rose" Not sure the size about 12 x 11 inches .. oil on paper .. alla prima .. just playing with how little one can use.

I think this one is what a bee sees when he's coming down for a landing from above. Even without the details it feels very floral!

005.jpg

"Pink Flower " ... 11 x 14 inches .. alla prima .. painted from life .. painted Jan /23 ..
I don't paint many from life for the simple reason I am too lazy for the set up and I find they are stiffer than when I work from a value pattern as I normally do.

Love these last three Wayne. The tilted one has a nostalgic vibe for me that I just love. And the last one is more tidy than your more recent ones that I have to say I favor, but it might just be because you're changing things up and I love change. ;) ♥️

Love your tilted painting - it looks great!

The bottle and his fat shadow are also calling to me. :) Nice!

Thank you Ayin, CaliAnn, and Terri.

Ayin. I like change but not just for the sake of change so I'm a little slower in finding new veins.

Terri. Yes, an eye opener when I saw the fat shadow. Then I remembered how long the shadows look at sundown as compare to 1 oclock and I realized it's only light placement that creates the shadows. So no matter how odd, in our eyes it seems normal as it is a truth.

Thank you Ayin and CaliAnn ...
unbelievably prolific
I am prolific only because I am retired. So my spare time is shared with my blonde (Guitar) and my imagination ( Art). It's a good life now so I enjoy it. I just realized I have 9 new pieces posted in Jan/2023 ... today is the 6th.

003.jpg

" Trojan Horse " 11 x 14 inches .. oil on paper .. alla prima .. painted Dec 5/23

Last edited:
You are a painting machine, Wayne, and I am so inspired by your work. The flower in the shadow from the one on the 4th really does it for me. Your work is like the secret life of flowers. You catch them when they think no one is looking!

Back