The Baby of Win I and Win II

Enyaw

namuh
Number3.jpg

11 x 14 inches .. study .. oil on paper .. alla prima .. Painted June 2/22
This was done with a lot of very muted color. I find it enjoyable and as a result of it I now have a new way of saving my left over paint. I used to avoid the dark and make grays but now I make one puddle of the darkest I get by mixing the piles of paint and then I make a light by scraping my pallette and adding the white. Those two colors will bias my next painting excursion.

You do know how to make some beautiful muted grays and they work so well to help that one "white" bloom pop! I think it must have been a lot of fun using all of those strokes of paint to create the background.

I love reading your processes and approaches to your paintings, Wayne. How you come up with this subtle beauty with your leftover paint is amazing! Always looking forward to seeing your work. ❤️

Thank you CaliAnn, Donna, Terri, Lamar, and Zen

Donna
If it isn't fun it's work. 😄

Terri
I do believe that what you do with your palette is half of what separates you from other artists. I feel it is important in the development of individuality of story line.🤔

Another great little painting! What a wonderful way to save paint. ❤️(y)

Thank you. That's a head-full Ayin. Greatness is so far away I only see a glimmer on the horizon but knowing I am growing is another head full of steam so the engine keeps chugging along. If ever one could achieve greatness in themselves it would be worth more than coming from the millions.

Well, we all try to achieve it, and it's a good think to never feel we get there, and great when others think we've arrived. ;)

Thanks IronPawn

Ayin. It feels good, just not the elation of self. I'm not complaining though, it's a far cry from where I started if I look back because that is only on the horizon as well

Back