Tea Time 4

P. Barrie

18” x 24”, oils on canvas
Painted from life in light from sliding glass door.

93145316-D9AE-43DA-A065-23A44E51C685.jpeg

What a gorgeous still life! It looks like it was painted from life; there's just something about the lighting that a camera never captures. The copper kettle must have been fun with all of those glowing coppery tones.

Donna, thanks. I’ve never used a reference photo for still life. Landscapes, I use photos alot, more than from life. I have better success interpreting the photos that I took and are familiar sites.

Wayne, thanks. This one took several sessions.

Wow! Incredible light in this. This is super fantastic Patrick. You knocked it out of the park!

How fabulous! Those reflections in the kettle and the table are outstanding. Very well rendered. Looks like it would be tedious to paint.

Lovely rendering of all the individual objects, and beautiful work with the light - it absolutely glows through the whole painting.

Joy, Jo, triss, thank you
The planning: object placements, drawing and re-drawing for composition are the steps I find to be laborious. The painting is the fun part.

I love how this came out. Wonderful work with the light, shadows and reflections. The copper kettle glows just the way it should.

Fantastic painting - especially love the copper teapot and the detail and folds of the tablecloth.

OleKobe, thanks. The tablecloth was fun playing with the pattern designs and went fairly quick.

Wow! This is a wonderful still life! Your copper kettle is a show-stopper, but your table reflections and cloth folds are also exquisite. Excellent work!

Back