Sunflower sketch

triss

charcoalflowers.jpg

Derwent XL charcoal blocks, A1.

Flowers aren't usually my subject of choice, and trying to sketch these has been frustrating - thanks to Jo for encouraging me to keep scribbling.

On the right wall, in the right frame, it would look great. It's art. It has some beautiful abstraction with in the lines.

Last edited:
It is a very interesting sketch, one can look at it for a while. (y)(y)

I admire the loose feeling of this, as well as the limited palette. Nice work.

A very engaging piece with a spontaneous intuitive feel to the drawing strokes. It stands very strong as is.
IMO, If you want to take the image further I would begin a new piece. 👍🏼

Beautiful, expressive and lively drawing. Bravo to you for knowing when to stop...I would put this on my wall in a heartbeat.

Thank you, all, for the kind comments. And thanks for adding the Art from Life section to your forums here. I don't do much finished work, but it's great to have a place to post some sketches.

A very engaging piece with a spontaneous intuitive feel to the drawing strokes. It stands very strong as is.
IMO, If you want to take the image further I would begin a new piece. 👍🏼
Yes! What this person said - I agree :)

triss, this is an amazingly beautiful scribble. You have the most descriptive strokes. I'm gobsmacked.

Love the loose scribble that shouts SUNFLOWER! You have that ability to use your materials so loosely.

Back