Sun and moon

Thanks John and Arty and thanks for your insights.
I believe my desire to follow the rules is first to learn and second
is because I lack confidence in an ability to create. I'm taking the path
well followed instead of making my own. I'm sprinting instead of walking
to find that pot of gold. So impatience is another reason.
Along the way I will find things that I am capable of doing and things
I am not capable of doing and that is the adventure for me.

I like the composition. The muted colors are unexpected but have a calming effect. Love the green - it represents growth and life.

Thanks OleKobe. Saying that it represents growth and life gives me another idea about the moon......so thanks.
I'm not finished after all.

I feel like in looking at a small piece of a window with stained glass, I find it quite pleasing. I just posted an experiment of a still life with outlines, so I obviously like them.

I posted it in 'The next sketch is' thread. It's not outlined as yours or abstract. It was an experiment for me of trying to exaggerate the lines around material in a still life. Kind of akin to Matisse, but thicker lines.
I've experimented lots with many different styles and technique.

I paint an abstract to free myself . I can only speak for myself but I never make a plan , except maybe for the first colour that I will put down. Then I tend to react to that first colour and so on. I make adjustments, I balance shapes , or accentuate what has happened, I really play. I also need to be in a special mood and tap Into something that I know is inside of me. You need to trust that it is there because it is. I move with it and sometimes magic happens. Then I start seeing a direction. I go with it. It is a real trip. I partially work that way when I am not painting an abstraction too. If that makes sense.
If I think of Pollock, his work was something that needed to be done. I loved Rothko too for what he made me feel. But, I love Hurtubise because he gives you both , the looseness and a certain structure.
M’y two grams…

Attachments

• 787D1450-9A89-4813-9CA9-0CCE1D9E2790.jpeg
    787D1450-9A89-4813-9CA9-0CCE1D9E2790.jpeg
    220.7 KB · Views: 68
Thanks for sharing your process with me. For me, hearing about how
other people go about their creating process is just as fascinating as the work
itself. Art can be totally different from other types of undertakings where
you need a plan or an idea in your head beforehand. I've tried a couple of times
to just go with the flow but it didn't end well. I need some kind of idea or inspiration
to feed off of to give me a direction. I don't have the finished painting in my head
before I begin but I need more than just a starting point. The experience that you go
through when doing this and then liking the end product is something special.

No matter what I did with the moon it seemed to be a distraction
so I removed it. I made some other changes and cropped it different.
I think it balances better this way.
sun2.jpg

I like the changes - it does seem more balanced and the shapes seem more related.

Thanks Donna, I had some help with this from you and everyone else
who gave opinions. They are appreciated.

Thanks Kay, It was a fun learning session for me and I like it also.

Back