Street Lamps in Snow

KreativeK

Streetlamps in Snow.jpg

7x5 watercolor Brusho and white wax crayon as a resist in this imaginary downtown scene of lamps during winter. After a pencil sketch and white areas with crayon, I used fine mist sprayer to add water to dry paper then sprinkled grey Brusho crystals. With a brush I carefully went over the various parts of the composition. When dry a script liner brush mixed with sepia and indigo added dark areas of the lamp post and iron fence. Snowy street parts were a mix of Prussian blue watercolor and palette mud to vary the values.
C&C welcome 😊

Nice one Kay, that scene looks chilly! Even at 7x5 size you seem much more in control of your wax crayon than I am managing to be! Prussian blue is one of my favourite colours.

This is really nice, good control of the watercolor paint. I am too detail oriented to make beautiful watercolors like this. ❤️❤️

Wow Kay. I just love this technique. This turned out so beautiful. I don't know anything about Brusho. (I understand the resist part.) Maybe sometime you could make a thread about how to use this technique in the Art School Forum as a tutorial (if you want to). I think a lot of people here (like me!) would be thrilled to know more about it! ♥️

Beautiful work! Thanks for describing the process of this painting. Turned out beautifully. ❤

I love the idea of a special thread on this Brusho!

So beautiful! Thanks for explaining how you did this and I vote for any kind of tutorial you ever feel like doing!

Wow Kay. I just love this technique. This turned out so beautiful. I don't know anything about Brusho. (I understand the resist part.) Maybe sometime you could make a thread about how to use this technique in the Art School Forum as a tutorial (if you want to). I think a lot of people here (like me!) would be thrilled to know more about it! ♥️
I would like to have it. shes amazing.

Thank you all! I'm working on a tutorial using Brusho and finished it today so hopefully will find time to squeeze it in here soon.

Back