Smaller Work May/24

Enyaw

namuh
oniongarlic.jpg

Onion and Galick
Decided to follow Zoran and make some smaller pieces to speed up the learning of less is more. I will post in this tread for this month if I can keep it going. 7 x 8 inches .. oil on paper .. alla prima ... painted May 20/24

Last edited:
Nice one, Wayne. Onions against a dark background always look good to me. Simple shapes, beautiful colors - and the garlic is a good companion.

Very Good! ❤️ But I have no idea what a Galick is.:rolleyes: (and I'm not going to Google it at this time.:giggle: )I'll try to remember that this is a continuing thread and come back to view.

Thank you Donna and Sno.
Geesh… must be Irish Garlic…..no one said I was the sharpest knife in the drawer🙄

View attachment 40679
Onion and Galick
Decided to follow Zoran and make some smaller pieces to speed up the learning of less is more. I will post in this tread for this month if I can keep it going. 7 x 8 inches .. oil on paper .. alla prima ... painted May 20/24
Good idea about sizes and posting. I might try it in June.

I love galick bread with pasta.

This painting is SO GOOD! I love it Wayne. Sorry I don't have more eloquent words. ♥️

glassbottlepicture.jpg

2nd in the series of smaller pieces .. and Zoran gets the credit for the wonderful idea of going small as it increases speed and the details are not fussed over.
Bottle Yellow .. 7 in x 8 in .. oil on paper .. alla prima .. painted May 21/24
Went a little weird on the flower arrangement but for what it was meant for I find it works. The small is just a view from a distance.
glassbottlepicture33.jpg

I just love the warmth of your onions and garlic up above - beautiful palette. Happy to see you picking up the brush/knife again! I like your bright yellow flowers.

I agree that a small format will actually help you in your studies working with less detail. Yay!

Thank you Terri. Yes, feeling better than I did. I cut one 11 x 14 sheet into 4 pieces of 5 x 7. So tomorrow I will go with that smaller size. If that works for me I will 4 pieces out of one sheet so that is cool. Mostly brush now because of the size.

Thank you Donna. We will see. Sipping my coffee now and then will head down to the studio.

fruit.jpg

fruitw.jpg

Fruit on a plate .. 7 x 8 inches .. oil on paper .. alla prima .. painted May 22/24
Much happier with this one. Tomorrow I will try my luck getting smaller again. Going 5 x 7 inches .. Anyway here is my set up. I cut an 11 x 14 into 4 quarters of 5 x 7. I painted 2 this morning which I will post tomorrow as they need to settle and the wax needs to do it's job before I photo. I use cold wax to give my paint a matte finish.
My support is glass over brown paper so I tape my paper to the glass and paint. The corners are never important so a thumb smudge of the paint finishes the corners when I take the painting down.
I don't always use a stencil but on such a small object I will put my drawing down with vine charcoal and reverse engenering so I don't have to overdub overstep my boundries for composition. Thanks for looking and or commenting. Nice to know if you think things are working.
Thanks Ayin for the comment on the floral and Terri I am sorry to hear you are being held together with elsastic bands. Seems we all have an arch enemy ... AGE ... Get better girl ..
006.jpg

Wow! Never would I think I'd love a plate a fruit like this. I'm really not so into still life, to be honest, but this is super special. It all depends on how things are painted. I'm into style and approach, and this is awesome. It excites me! ♥️

Love the plate of fruit, but that glass in the one with the yellow flowers is fabulous! ❤️ ❤️

Back