Small landscape with tree and lake

wirfi

The place where I used to live and photograph, until 2019, was called the "blue mountains". It's not really mountains, more like hills... but blue they are. It's a bit higher up and much pine and spruce trees. This is inspired by a photograph I made by a lake in the forest early one morning. It's often fog and very blue in the spring and autumn. Here I tried to catch the mood. Oil on canvas panel - this size about 30-40 cm (it's in my studio in the other side of town and I forgot to measure it ;) ).

bjprktjarn-klar-1200x947.jpg

The place where I used to live and photograph, until 2019, was called the "blue mountains". It's not really mountains, more like hills... but blue they are. It's a bit higher up and much pine and spruce trees. This is inspired by a photograph I made by a lake in the forest early one morning. It's often fog and very blue in the spring and autumn. Here I tried to catch the mood. Oil on canvas panel - this size about 30-40 cm (it's in my studio in the other side of town and I forgot to measure it ;) ).

View attachment 21492
Hi Wirfi, yes, you captured your area, I know the type of landscape you mention. Your brush strokes have the right "pressure" at the right time to infer the light and detail. Nice.

Thank you :) I have terrabytes of photos from those years, when I used to get up at 3 in the morning (or simply never get to sleep), and go out in nature with my camera. Many bad shots too though. But some would be nice reference pictures for paintings.

Many bad shots too though. But some would be nice reference pictures for paintings
the secret .. the best are the accidentals.
I like to just free wheel and click: up, down, all around, Maybe out of 100 you will get one that is just the crème de la crème. The beauty of digital .. no development fee.

This is a beautiful, moody piece. Those blues are gorgeous! It really draws me in. Love it! ❤️

Back