Skull

ZenDruid

Supporting Member
This just started and evolved. Acrylic on 10x12x3/8" plywood scrap. The plywood was badly checked and cracked so I filled and finished the surface with Liquitex modeling paste (great stuff). Thanks for looking, C&C welcome.

12-21-20 #1 Skull  009  small copy.jpg

Last edited:
Well, I think it's beautiful. The palette is strong and pleasing and so are the shapes.

I love that you did this on rough plywood - I'm a real fan of texture. Good work!

Well, I think it's beautiful. The palette is strong and pleasing and so are the shapes.

I love that you did this on rough plywood - I'm a real fan of texture. Good work!
Thanks Terri. I've got some very weathered barn wood planks that I want to try. I want to leave the surrounding wood natural but will have to seal the areas I want to paint. Stay tuned.
:)

GREAT composition Zen. I love that inner white symbol. I think of a magical Viking ship sailing in the sun. I know it's absrtact, but it gives me that "feeling." Therefore, it has a strong connotation for me. Well done.

GREAT composition Zen. I love that inner white symbol. I think of a magical Viking ship sailing in the sun. I know it's absrtact, but it gives me that "feeling." Therefore, it has a strong connotation for me. Well done.
Thanks Arty. Now I see the Viking ship. Interesting. I'm a fan of Viking lore. :)

Back