Un-named

ZenDruid

Supporting Member
Acrylic on 11x16x3/4" plywood. Last December, I painted this shop scrapwood originally as a landscape involving fish, crows and a sunset. I glued old nails to to the surface to represent a school of fish, also a tree leaf. I didn't like it, so painted over and made this abstract in vertical format. Don't know what to call it. Thanks for looking, C&C welcome.

xB0Pxy3.jpg

I like it. I like the protrusion formed by the red as it takes on the appearance of being a shef. You could call it the bad carpenter as you have a lot of left over nails. 😉

I like the nails; they are very much in the spirit of what I am interested in doing in my paintings. What kind of adhesive did you use?

Thanks Hermes - I usually use TiteBond Carpenters glue, it's kind of yellowish, dries hard. Elmers also makes a carpenters glue that I've used, very similar. Available in hardware and home suppliers. They wash off your fingers with water. Now that I think about it, I might try mixing acrylic paint with glue and see what happens. I've also used Liquitex modeling paste which sticks like glue and dries very hard.

Last edited:
I like this a lot. Bright complementary colors, nice shapes. The nails are a neat addition, even if you did change course with their purpose.

This would look great hanging in a workshop.

I like it a lot too! Love the depth of color -- nails look neat! I totally see it as a video gameroom and that one game machine got magnetized somehow. :)

I like it a lot too! Love the depth of color -- nails look neat! I totally see it as a video gameroom and that one game machine got magnetized somehow. :)
Ka-ching! I originally posted this last year on WC and one viewer there called it an Arcade! You "nailed it" Hostajunkie!
:)

Thanks Arty, it's interesting to get different interpretations. My home critic sees something very different.

I like this a lot. Love the bright colors and the different angles and yes, the nails. It is just fascinating.❤️❤️❤️

Back