Sketchbook pieces,lookingfor bones of next large work.

JennieJo

Experimentalist
20220108_195644-02.jpeg
20220108_185650-01.jpeg
20220108_171445-02.jpeg
20220108_163452-02.jpeg

I can almost smell the smoke from all your thinking.;) I've never been able to sketch out my ideas like that, I usually just dream it up in my head and then dive in.

I can almost smell the smoke from all your thinking.;) I've never been able to sketch out my ideas like that, I usually just dream it up in my head and then dive in.
I really had to teach myself to do this. Plus, just sitting doesn't do it for me. Used to be IT stuff, now its RT 😀, that keeps me busy.

These are great! Can you tell me what IT and RT mean. I didn't understand it, even in this context. I'm pretty dense. :(

I do a lot of raw sketching to come up with paintings myself, but not usually in color. I use a pencil or a ball point pen.

It looks like you have several good ideas to choose from! I like the combination of images over text; it's an extra layer of interest in a painting.

These are great! Can you tell me what IT and RT mean. I didn't understand it, even in this context. I'm pretty dense. :(

I do a lot of raw sketching to come up with paintings myself, but not usually in color. I use a pencil or a ball point pen.
Sorry :) IT - info technology RT - arty

It looks like you have several good ideas to choose from! I like the combination of images over text; it's an extra layer of interest in a painting.
Thanks. I started doing it when I didn't want to 'waste paper' on ideas 🙃 Then it was old university lecture notes and work planning sessions that I'd bundled up for paper mache! These are from sketchbooks I used when tutoring.

I do also do colour pencil and other pen like tools. Last night I needed to see the colour.

IT: Info technology. But what is RT?

Sorry, but this stuff is mentioned in the rules Jenny--that it's better to just write out abbreviations and not assume everyone knows what you might mean.

RT - arty
So you're really saying "arty" kind of thinking that keeps you busy? I've never seen it like that, either! Yeah, better to type that stuff out for us slower ones. :ROFLMAO:

These are beautiful sketches, Jennie! I agree with Donna that they take on additional depth being sketched over your old notes like that - another advantage to not throwing anything away. I'm really interested in seeing what you do with these.

I've already said this, but I sure have missed seeing your work! Keep that "arty" side of your brain engaged. ;)

So you're really saying "arty" kind of thinking that keeps you busy? I've never seen it like that, either! Yeah, better to type that stuff out for us slower ones. :ROFLMAO:

These are beautiful sketches, Jennie! I agree with Donna that they take on additional depth being sketched over your old notes like that - another advantage to not throwing anything away. I'm really interested in seeing what you do with these.

I've already said this, but I sure have missed seeing your work! Keep that "arty" side of your brain engaged. ;)
Cheers Terri (y)Yeah! Apologies.Just a little personal/family joke, didn't notice I had done it! My life in shorthand: from Sporty to IT to Arty. I'm doing small versions now. Have a large canvas waiting if they work out.

Last edited:
Two very different palettes and styles, and I really like each. I think your abstract one is excellent. Great compositions! ♥️

I love these! Very happy looking at the second one in particular - I like your added textures, that's seldom an issue for me. ;)

I'll be interested in watching these develop! Good stuff, Jennie! ❤️

Back