Sidelighting On IOM House

Trier

Supporting Member
Another somewhat oldie.
Based on a view from the Virtual Paintout visit to The Isle Of Man.
Sidelighting always fascinates me.
The black is all charcoal, and the rest is pastel.
I used brown Kraft paper and the wrinkles show from certain angles, but I think they give a somewhat pleasing effect.
23x17 ins
DSCN4061SidelitHse&FieldM1.JPG

I have to fight the temptation to fiddle with it with some good pastels.
C&C

I love the light in this--the light green grass brings that side lighting out so well. It comes bolting down the hill. Beautiful work! ❤️

Love the mood you've created with this, and I like the effect of the wrinkled Kraft paper - it feels like it adds a bit of extra character that fits the scene.

So happy I didn't miss this one! The lighting is very well done - that lighter green leads the eye right over to the house.

The rest is so full of atmosphere, and story. Beautifully done!

I love the light in this--the light green grass brings that side lighting out so well. It comes bolting down the hill. Beautiful work! ❤️
Thanks Arty.
I would like to bring out the blue and a hazy cloud more, when I get more skilled.

Love the mood you've created with this, and I like the effect of the wrinkled Kraft paper - it feels like it adds a bit of extra character that fits the scene.
Thanks Triss, glad you like the wrinkles also.

So happy I didn't miss this one! The lighting is very well done - that lighter green leads the eye right over to the house.

The rest is so full of atmosphere, and story. Beautifully done!
Thanks Terri for noticing and the approval.

Back