Self-portrait with Fish

Iain

2 eyes.
Something from three/four years ago I found in a cupboard while looking for the hair clippers yesterday. I gave myself a short back and sides. On the clippers it reads Wahl Dog Grooming.

20210308_145638.jpg

20210308_145421.jpg

Thank you, Artyczar. I was worried it might be boring, and for many it will be.

I feel like I should be doing representational stuff, communicate more directly, but what I can do in that regard doesn't fulfill my expectations, satisfy. I like the seams to be hidden, so to speak, or on show and falling apart. Anyhow. Just talking.

I'm still looking for the self portrait part of it. 😁 Looks great Iain. Well done. Someday I'll figure out what you use to make these. ;)

What was written on the clippers is what made me laugh.
Self expression is what we do...
Wrinkles, no wrinkles, an apple, no apple but that’s some fish!
💙💙🙏💙💙

Thank you Dave, you are a Gent and a Scholar and you know quality when you see it 😁 remind me to slip you the fiver.

I added metallic and was pleasantly surprised. It looks lit with tiny points of light. Thanks Arty.🙂 Maybe the title detracts from the spirit in which I created the piece...?

Hmm. Sometimes titles are very important. I go days trying to think them up at times. But I do like the title. You can give it a longer title with a colon on the end of Self Portrait with Fish:...

I once named the top half of a painting and named the bottom half two different things, but took away the first part because people were weirded out about it.

Back