Scratchboard works

OK, last two. Eye is on a 5"X 7" board and Watch over Me is on a12" X 16" board.
eyeboard.jpg

SBponybig.jpg

wonderful wonderful wonderful and wonderful

a wonderful per horse and the minimum
ps: but how sweet is the foal in the reflection of the eye (perhaps the mother's eye).

Sno, I don't remember having seen this incredible work of yours on Wet Canvas. You have posted so many really great pieces on this site, that are so off-the-charts, it is jaw-dropping!

Aw thank you Bill. I posted several in the scratchboard forum in WC, but it has been quite a while since I had a new one.

OK, Sno... you paint in oils (and acrylics, I presume) and watercolors. You do pastels and color pencils and scratchboard. What media haven't you explored?:unsure: A true Renaissance woman!:LOL:(y)

I do paint in acrylics but not watercolor. I've done it but it limits me too much for some reason. And you left out ink and graphite. 😂 I also knit and crochet (and you saw the soft sculptured dolls. At one time I sewed all my own clothes (until I got too busy or too lazy, not sure which) and I cut my own hair. Milked cows and made butter and cheese. I'm just a person who has to try everything at least once. :giggle: I can't keep a clean house though, my house looks a lot like your studio. :LOL:

I especially like the tiger with the hummingbird. 💕 I haven't done scratchboard since I was in high school unless you count my demonstrations for middle-school students... and I haven't done any with my students for over a decade. It is just too dangerous to chance my students with needles or X-acto blades.

Thanks Nufocus! :giggle:
Thank you too David. I can understand not turning younger students loose with X-acto blades and some needles. I use everything I can find that will scratch. There is a little scratchboard tool that wouldn't be too dangerous(the blades are not sharp like the X-acto), but I even use tattoo needles that are 2-5 needles fastened together. Just depends on the effect I am looking for.

Beautiful! You must have the patience of a monk. I suppose the a very time consuming and labor intensive works.

Back