Scavenger Hunt from Life #79: Aug 6 - 14

Joan - Thanks for the info on the Hell’s Gate paint job. Store front is well done especially like the way you did the brick work. Super job on the boat. I think boats are even harder to draw than cars. Nice work on the restaurants. Lots if implied details.

Kyle - Welcome! Like your impressionistic style. You only counted the flower. I would have counted the pitcher or the bottle the geranium is in as jug or jar. The lemon’s definitely are yellow. Hope you get to share more with us.

Ai - Shophouse was a new term to me so I had to look it up. Be fun to see it again after the renovations
Fruit look yummy

Jo - Reese looks adorable. Remember a past post where you included a photo. He was so dark you could barely make out his face.

#1 Black and white - Multiple grades of graphite in A5 size sketchbook.
Tough part was deciding to use for black and white or animal. Including photo so you can see size. He is the largest in Sharon’s collection.

IMG_1871.jpeg

IMG_1873.jpeg

Keep sketching
Fletch

Fletch, thanks. I love your black and white. What a nice tiger. Well done on the sketch too.

I sketched Chewie very quickly, they left earlier than I thought they would and he kept lying down with his back to me. So on the run. He didn't have on his harness when I sketched and Reese had a different harness on when I sketched her. Here are the two of them watching for Jennie. She was packing and putting their seat belt thingies in the car. This was a different day as well.

grand-dogs.jpg

csshfl79money.jpg

Number 4 animal (2) - Chewie
Numbere 5 money - Gene's piggy bank
These are on a page in the BookFactory sketchbook with a Micron 03

Jo - Different harnesses for different days. Doggy seat belts in the car. Spoiled?
Nice sketches. Since the money jar is labeled Money Machine assuming it does more than just hold coins?

Keep sketching
Fletch

Jo - Different harnesses for different days. Doggy seat belts in the car. Spoiled?
Nice sketches. Since the money jar is labeled Money Machine assuming it does more than just hold coins?

Keep sketching
Fletch
Fletch, yep, the machine counts the coins as you put them through the slot. We have some odd ones in there so don't know if it really works as it is about 15 years old. Sometimes I just dump them in. Not much in there at the moment. Ha.

I sketched at the computer desk. Trying a lesson I saw on YouTube don't remember the artist. It was to do direct watercolor with two compliments and value and not worry about the actual colors. I love the rough edges when others do it but they make me nervous. Ha. I put some white gouache on for the highlights but it doesn't look white, guess the watercolor wasn't dry or ???
Number 5 egg - watercolor in the 7 x 10 inch book.

csshfl79egg.jpg

Ai, thanks!

Jo, both are good places. I sat in my car yesterday to do Kingston's Clam Bar because it was actually raining. You did a good job on Reese and I think you have enough details.

Today I sketched a house in Bellport that had some huge, white hydrangea bushes.

11 - home - watercolors
12 - flowers

IMG_3099.jpeg

Had the above sketch ready last night, but forgot to hit the post button.

13 - free space - watercolors and ink (Sketched in Chinatown with the NYC Urban Sketchers today.)
IMG_3109.jpeg

Last edited:
Joan, I think we are related .. I forget the post button. At least it is still there when I come back here. I love your home and flowers, very homey and lovely. The urban sketch is so clever and nice. Wish you could come sketch with the Urban Sketchers the end of September here.

We went to the New World Deli for music this afternoon. George Ensle, a favorite of ours, singer songwriter. It was good and the food is great. Gluten free for me, even dessert and I forgot to have any. Ha. The lighting was terrible but the music was good. I was sketching on my phone and just got tired and quit but I'll post it here anyway. On my phone with the app, Brushes.
Number 6 people - George and friends, he is in the middle

csshfl79people.jpg

csgeorge-friends.jpg

wonderful sketches and photos!!! Wish I could comment more....love this place and you all.....

Hope to get a couple sketches in today, maybe......

Ai - nice list thanks for hosting

#6 New -- the famouse big buddha if PakNam Temple, just newly opened this year.

1000018291.jpg

1000018290.jpg

#7 Yellow ...another view point of the same buddha

1000018321.jpg

1000018328.jpg

#8 sub. quiche with some dessert at Madonia Tree Coffee
1000018364.jpg

1000018360.jpg

1000018477.jpg

Attachments

• 1000018290.jpg
    1000018290.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
#9 people ... a scene from a Japanese restaurant... a small digi, done on my mobile phone (Samsung Note s)

1000018481.jpg

Fletch, I like the sketch of Sharon's black and white tiger. He looks almost life size.

Jo, thank you for your comment. The sketch of Chewie made me smile. I love how they are watching for Joanna in the photo. The money machine looks a bit lacking. Hope it fills up quickly. Your hard line on the eggs make them look two-toned. Sometimes it is hard to soften the edge. I like the sketch of the musicians...did check their websites and enjoyed George's song.

Robin, hi! Thinking about you and hope things are OK and under control as much as possible.

Ai, your Buddha sketches are so great! The photos of you and your friend with your sketches in front of it are fun. Of course I love your food sketches. What is in the tall glasses? Cute digital of the people.

I did a sketch today but nothing in it fit the hunt. I'll have to settle for this.
14 - egg - direct watercolor (It was part of Jerry's breakfast so I had to sketch it quickly while it was still cooking.)

IMG_3118.jpeg

Robin, hi there. Think of you often, happy to see you!

Ai, the big buddha is amazing. Love that you did a couple of sketches. The desserts look good enough to eat! The coffee looks very interesting. You did some great sketches with a friend! Good one on the phone, too.

Joan, wow on the egg while it was cooking! It would burn to a crisp by the time I sketched with watercolor. Ha.

I was lazy today. No sketching worked on puzzles in my down time.

Jo - love the eggs. Whenever I see something like this o4 read that value is more important than color I think of the color ink drawings Robin use to do. The realism with unnatural colors really catches your eye. Nice job! Neat phone sketch at the performance.

Joan - The number of tons /shades of green you achieve amazes! Nice. Chinatown sketch. Cool egg cooking sketch. Have thought often to sketch a fried egg when cooking. But eating while it is still warm always wins over eating cold.

Ai - Beautiful views of the Buddha which is stunning. Paintings are well done. Looks like you had a good time. Pretty sure I gained 2lbs just looking at those desserts! What was in the glass? The Japanese restaurant is blurry but looks interesting.

Robin - waves . On the signup Paul already asked for #95. If you want #94 Dec 6 - 14 is available…or not yet on the list is #97 Dec 30 - Jan 7 2024?

Keep sketching
Fletch.

Last edited:
Joe: Thanks... The glass contains blueberry yogurt smoothie. I had them made with no sugar added.

Back