Scavenger Hunt from Life #45: Nov 7 - Nov 15

Thanks jo, Also thanks to Gene as i will be using that.

#7 ceramic - A Boyd’s bear ceramic magnet on our fridge. Ink in pocket sketchboo.

6F3ED6F2-81EE-4C52-9FDA-FFCFB8C2DDED.jpeg

Keep sketching
Joe

Last edited:
I just posted the next Hunt here: But you all in the western countries still have time with this Hunt.
Thanks Jo for hosting.

Joe Fl- the pocket sketchbook is working out good. I got one a few days ago but haven’t taken advantage of it.......it is a good idea but I have to use it. You are an inspiration. Your little sketches are nice. The bear magnet and the awl are my favorites. I like the way you positioned the awl on the page. Will make a fun art flip book.

JoC your hands are getting better and better. The row of mailboxes has a serindipitous quality. The little marine corp sketches are easily recognized with tiny marks....love’ each.
Sylwia- nice sketches. Looks like you eat a lot of fruit. Nice forms and backgrounds . Noticing how they background really helps the eyes rest in the subject.

Joan - you are a great example of regular everyday art. I envy you...thanks for doing
that for bringing us to envy is a special gift.....wow, that clump of building and it’s history is quite interest.

Hi Joe1 and Ai

Joe, the bear magnet is so cute. Gene says your most welcome and chuckled.

Robin, great variety and I always love your colored hatching. Cayenne olive oil sounds nice. Cabinets is nice with the micro bonus.

I didn't sketch anymore but I have my new iMac mostly set up. Still need something to resize my photos like I like. iPhoto doesn't seem to make them as small and still clear as I like. I'm not up to paying for a subscription on Photoshop.

imac.jpeg

Thanks everyone for sketching and entertaining me. See all y'all on the next Hunt with Ai!! Ciao! Adios! Bye, bye. Of course you have a day here, still.

It is watercolor but not the typical flat washes. It is more painterly like oils where you can see the brush strokes. 👍🏽
This is what happened when I'm mixing watercolours with pencils :) From the other site, after painting for some while with gouache and oils it's difficult to go back to aquarelle.

Looks like you eat a lot of fruit
I always have some fruits at home. Every Saturday, I go to the food market to buy our seasonal and regional fruits and vegetables.
Noticing how they background really helps the eyes rest in the subject.
At the beginning, I didn't like drawing or painting backgrounds at all, but with the time I've learned that they really important.

Joe, cute sketch of the Boyd's Bear!

Robin, what a great page chock full of sketches. Love all the different bottles and the colanders in a stack.

Jo, congrats on the new computer! Hope you find a way to resize your photos like you want.

Hi, everyone! Haven't been able to join in too much this hunt...too much going on. I'm working on a house commission so when I'm home I do that instead of sketching. I'm still taking myself out for a bit every day so if there is an outside hunt item it usually gets done. lol Hope to join in the hunt that Ai posted. See you all there!

hi jo, congrats on the new computer.
for photos, I don't know if you ever tried gimp.
it's free and looks very good, I have it on windows but I've read that it exists for mac too, I'm not good at using photo editing programs, but luckily there are many guides on gimp, the photos I used to post on the forum, when they could not be seen I tried to fix them on gimp.

you all did a great job robin great work on everyone joe draw super fun

I made these two digital ones.

1 plastic, bag of candies, I made a mistake in coloring it, however they are honey candies, they are good, they helped me with the flu, now it's over.
2 sports. figurine karate
the site is

2022-11-15 01-06.jpeg
2022-11-15 01-05.jpeg

Jo: That is an awesome new digi tool for you.

Joe1: Lovely sketch, I esp. like the figurine.

joe1lt, I like your bag of candies and the karate guy. Nice lines.
Thanks for the gimp info, looks much like the Adobe thing I had, just will have a learning curve. Ha.

Thanks all.

I'll post my sketches and then return with comments:

ink and marker, 5x8" page:
1. plastic pen - green
2. wood clothes pin
3. metal coaster
4. toy - guitar pick
5. tool - pulse oximeter
6. art tool - white gel pen
7. blue - art pen
hunt45-01.jpg

Cheers,

Joan - yay lighthouse with dramatic clouds. Yay barnyard with the wheelbarrows all lined up in primary colours :) Yay for Buckleys! Oooh road work crew and implements. I feel like I'm touring your area without having to take an airplane to visit :) Stunning rendition of the library steeple.
Joe - fun plastic case/housing. Yay clip! Yay awl! The one I remember from my dad's workshop had a red wooden handle and I seem to recall it having dried glue down the shaft like it was used to unplug glue from containers. Fun bear in the wagon - why is he so glum (head in paw...)
Sylwia - fun trio of foods. Lovely softness on your trio of metal/wood/plastic
Jo - yay hand with mug and with the cylindrical box. Love the little mug. Is your pocket ruler made of metal? Yay colour with the fire hydrant and red vehicle doors. Yay new computer - so snazzy! And thank you :)
Ai - fun hand with items
Robin - love the shape of the metal item :) And the face on the wood :) Oh yes, a utility knife - Leatherman? Yay view into the other room. Love your pink ink bottles in a row - the first two in particular have a shape of old style perfume :)
joe1lt - how challenging to draw a clear plastic bag.

Joan - yay lighthouse with dramatic clouds. Yay barnyard with the wheelbarrows all lined up in primary colours :) Yay for Buckleys! Oooh road work crew and implements. I feel like I'm touring your area without having to take an airplane to visit :) Stunning rendition of the library steeple.
Joe - fun plastic case/housing. Yay clip! Yay awl! The one I remember from my dad's workshop had a red wooden handle and I seem to recall it having dried glue down the shaft like it was used to unplug glue from containers. Fun bear in the wagon - why is he so glum (head in paw...)
Sylwia - fun trio of foods. Lovely softness on your trio of metal/wood/plastic
Jo - yay hand with mug and with the cylindrical box. Love the little mug. Is your pocket ruler made of metal? Yay colour with the fire hydrant and red vehicle doors. Yay new computer - so snazzy! And thank you :)
Ai - fun hand with items
Robin - love the shape of the metal item :) And the face on the wood :) Oh yes, a utility knife - Leatherman? Yay view into the other room. Love your pink ink bottles in a row - the first two in particular have a shape of old style perfume :)
joe1lt - how challenging to draw a clear plastic bag.
Ep, thanks. Yes the ruler is metal. About 7 or 8 inches long.

Back