Scavenger Hunt from Life #34: August 2 - August 10

Terri

Supporting Member
Welcome to the Scavenger Hunts from Life.

The Hunts were started in 2006 by Jamie Williams Grossman as a way to practice with prompts. Artists have come and gone while forming some lasting friendships. We hope you will join in and tune up your sketching skills. All levels and techniques are welcome. We hope you can have some good times here. You can travel the world seeing the sketches of items at hand by the artists.

If you’ve participated in at least one Scavenger Hunt and have time to host one we would really appreciate it. You can sign up by posting your name on the current hosting schedule in the Art From Life forum here:
https://creativespark.art/threads/scavenger-hunt-from-life-host-sign-up-list.2481/

Here are the rules for the Hunt:
*All everyday common items on the list must be sketched from life – not imagination or photo reference.
*Each object you draw can count for only one item on the listless, no matter how many shapes/parts/colors that object contains. This was agreed on by unanimous vote among the participants.
*You may place multiple objects together in a drawing or painting, and may count these objects as separate items, but no single object can count for more than one item.
*All items posted must be numbered. Count them as you go. The first item you post will be #1 regardless of its place on the list. Do them in whatever order you wish, but count them in the order in which you sketch them, from 1 to 26.
*Do as many or as few of the items as you like. You don’t have to finish the entire list to participate. The Scavenger Hunt “week” will last for 9 days, with the next hunt starting on the 9th day.
*Please tell us your size, surface, medium, and the amount of time it took you for each sketch. We love hearing about your subjects and setups. Photos of your subjects are welcome.
*Have fun!

*** If you have some hunt sketches completed but little time to read/comment, please post your sketches anyway. Commenting is appreciated but not required

Scavenger Hunt from Life #34: August 2 - August 10

A cloth
A basket
Something made of metal
Something made of stone
A piece of fruit
Exercise equipment
Related to footwear
Water droplets
Something rigid
Something flexible
Found in the back of the closet
Found under a tree
A bookcase
A rolling cart
A bench
Window dressing (curtains, drapes, blinds, etc)
A sleeping pet
A house plant
Bounce!
Something soft
Reflection
From a billboard
Sunglasses
Up on the roof
Kitchen faucet
Rope

Have fun!

Terri, thanks for the new list...looks like fun. Maybe I can get more sketches done this time.

#1 made from stone -- sandstone sculpture, done in directwatercolor on Venezia watercolor sketchbook size A4, sketch was about 7x9 inch... took me about 20 minutes.

h34_SandStoneSculpture.jpg

Wow! That is absolutely lovely, Ai! Can't believe you did this in 20 minutes.

Ai, nice texture to your sculpture. Good sketches of Lucy from the other night.

1 - something flexible (tree branches) - watercolor and ink

IMG_0521.jpeg

2 - something soft (beach grasses) - direct watercolor

IMG_0520.jpeg

Ai - anything with Lefty Lucy is always fun! You do so well with her. These are terrific. :)

Joan - Gorgeous tree and beach scene! The palette for your tree leaves is a wonderful mix. I love seeing that beach umbrella peeking up over the grasses.

Terrific watercolor/ink combinations from you both!

Ai - thanks fir sharing all the work you got to create with Lucy. Hard to believe you painted that sandsculpture in 20 min. WOW,

joan - love them both. Like how the branches in tree carry the eye around the page.

Joe - I always admire your excellent handling of graphite. Very nice sketch of the weight! (Compared to the one I'm finishing up, I think your composition is just fine! :LOL: )

Ai - your persimmon is lovely! Nice blending with those colored pencils. I like your ink sketch of the shoes, too - good details.

#1, exercise equipment - a slightly wobbly sketch of my 1-pound hand weight.
#2, houseplant. Can't remember the name of this one, but I'm always pulling the yellow leaves off the bottom as it grows!

CS Hunt 34.jpg

I used colored pencils in my 11x14" Canson mixed media sketchbook. Spent about 15 minutes on each one. A little pressed for time this month, as our move draws closer - but I hope to get a few more in!

Terri your weight is nice but your plant is WOW! Love how you handled the leaves and the shading on the pot is excellent.

keep sketch
Joe

Back