Scavenger Hunt from Life #31 July 9 - July 17

Thanks for your comments, everyone!

Joe 1, nice foliage, bottle of liquid, and cap!

EP, I love the tongs as a triangular item. Great to have a solid and liquid of the same material. Nice!!

Ai, thanks. I like the square shaped glass containing the grape juice.

Jo, as always it is fun to see your sketches. You made good use of your time at the doctor's office. I think those eyedrops are mine. lol Love the sleeves. Some artists I know have them to wear for plein air painting. They come in all kinds of patterns too.

8 - gate - watercolors (Done at the Queens Botanical Garden yesterday.)
IMG_0329.jpeg

Joan, such a pretty place. Excellent job on the gate and flowers.

More doctor office sketches. Good results from the tests so OK visits. Ha. In the travel sketchbook with a Staples ballpoint pen.

Number 4 vehicle - wheel chair in the room
Number 5 keeps you clean - soap, wipes and paper towels

csshfl31vehicle.jpg

csshfl31clean.jpg

Joan - I do not remember a Botanical Garden so looked it up and realized it was part of the old Flushing Meadows Fair Grounds. love the painting.

jo - We often comment on the tendency to lean left drawing tall objects, but a whole room? 😎 Nice job as alway. I just could not resist. 🫣

keep sketching
Joe

#2 square -- tile, done in inktense bar ... use wet
#3 solid -- potato, done in inktense bar ... use wet
#4 oval -- tomato, done in mixed media (acrylic marker pens + inktense bar ... use wet)

H31_square.jpg

h31_solid.jpg

h31_oval.jpg

Joe: "...Ai-... Like the shades of purple on the juice but curious how you drink out of a square glass?"

LOL Joe, I did not buy the glass, the plastic cup came from the bakery shop, containing layers of tiramisu... once we ate the tiramisu, I just repurpose the plastic cup...I save it for art odd shape to sketch. I try to drink from it too, its OK though not as natural.

Jo, glad you got some sketching done at the doctor's office. It helps with the anxiety there.

Joe, I had been to the Queens Botanical Garden before but it has changed a lot since then. My sister had her wedding photos take there back in 1979. lol I may have been there with some of my classes when I was teaching too.

Ai, nice sketches with the intense blocks. I haven't tried them yet.

'
jo - We often comment on the tendency to lean left drawing tall objects, but a whole room? 😎 Nice job as alway. I just could not resist. 🫣

keep sketching
Joe
Joe, that is one I didn't notice, must have been in a hurry to post. Ha, ha. Good catch.

Ai, I love your inktense bar sketches. Never tried that. Good colors. The potato catches my eye. We don't sketch many potatoes. The piano sketch with Lily is amazing. Nice keepsake.

Ai, you did a nice sketch of Lily and her piano teacher!! You have quite a few sketches of her at the piano from what I remember.

My art group met tonight and we had a mermaid model.
9 - multi-colored costume - watercolors and pencil

IMG_0353.jpeg

10 - tangles easily (hair) - watercolors and pencil

IMG_0350.jpeg

Here's an actual photo.

IMG_0348.jpeg

Robin: Thanks. Nice set. Love basket with fabric, crain truck with lots of triangle, foliage.

Joan: Thanks. What a fabulous sketch model. You did her justice with all those soft pastel colors... Well done.

Jo: Thanks. Hope to sketch some more.

Joan, How much fun to have a "live" mermaid to paint/sketch. Thanks for the photo, you did a super job.

Robin, I really like your lines in the basket and plant. Great find for the triangles and good sketch!!

I checked all the doctors for triangles. None..
Today we walked and I had out a sketchbook to try a new Sharpie gel pen. Forgot it so had to sketch on my iPhone.
Number 6, neat - the view on our walk.
csshfl31neat.jpg

I forgot to take a photo from where we sat. A bit to the right under the tree on the right I think.
view550.jpg

Jo: Wonderful sketch of the trees and the lake. Love the photo of your area... like peaceful heaven.

#7 triangular -- cat ears on earphone bag, done with pencil, Sharpie pink ultrafine marker, and wc
#8 tangles easily -- earphone, done with marker and wc
#9 neat -- Russian dolls, done with markers and wc

h31_neat.jpg

Last edited:
Ai, thanks. Such nice finds and love the style of sketching on the vehicles. Your colorful triangle, tangles and neat are wonderful. Make me smile.

I sketched on the porch in the big book with Micron pens.

Number 9 and 8, square and oval

csshfl31oval-square.jpg

csshfl31triangle.jpg

Almost forgot I sketched yesterday on the way back from getting Gene's glasses. I cannot ever find a triangle, so got Gene to stop for pie. I had this blueberry cheesecake and he had a pecan pie. Sorry that pen is not very dark for scanning.

Jo: Thank you... lovely set of a book in a bowl... cute triangle cake sketch.

Robin, nice sketches! Is that a jade plant? I had such a nice, big one at one time. Great basket with assorted rolled up towels. Good find for triangles. How is your fiancé doing? Hope he's coming along well.

Jo, thanks. Nice bit of phone sketching! Good square and oval. That triangular pie (I'm thinking cheesecake.) is just calling my name.

Ai, thank you. Good lines on the motorcycles! Love the sweet nestling Russian dolls. I'm glad I did hair for tangles, the cords on any of my electrical devices would make me dizzy drawing them. lol I like the triangle cat ears too.

11 - footware - ink
12 - animal (rubber Duckie) - ink and Sketch & Wash pencil
13 - round - direct watercolor
14 - smaller than my hand - ink
IMG_0366.jpeg

#10 Smaller than my hand -- blueberries in my oatmeal bowl this morning... done in directwatercolor.

h31_smallerThanMyHand.jpg

Back