Scavenger Hunt from Life #26: May30 - Jun 7

JennieJo, good find on the door latch. Good perspective on the fan and clever mini. Fans are difficult, yours has good form.

Joan, Mmmm, clever finds, too. The scene with the umbrellas is so fine. I like your "seat". Well sketched on the cycle. Applause.

I was listening to a pod cast and drew this mug. I drew the pens and pencils first and then made the mug too big. Some bad angles on the pens, too. Note to self, make the container first. Ha. In the big book full page 9 x 12 inches. Miron 02

csshfl26mug.jpg

JennieJo, good find on the door latch. Good perspective on the fan and clever mini. Fans are difficult, yours has good form.

Joan, Mmmm, clever finds, too. The scene with the umbrellas is so fine. I like your "seat". Well sketched on the cycle. Applause.

I was listening to a pod cast and drew this mug. I drew the pens and pencils first and then made the mug too big. Some bad angles on the pens, too. Note to self, make the container first. Ha. In the big book full page 9 x 12 inches. Miron 02

View attachment 22204
Thanks Jo.

Heya

Great #26 Hunt from Jo ,

nice things been drawn from you fellows .. I put my A4 with Roller Pen in here,not all in but most of it .

The war stuff gets wired and lost of deads on both sides for nothing and the big ego of P. . Dont want to watch news all channels are full of war mongars storys . Drawing to a great Jazz Music D.Brubek is a nice distraction . One note about the bird , he is big ! You should know this . He/she ? said !

And for the Chair its diverent to draw and sit in there the same time , normaly he is much more beautyful , when Im out .

Cheers from here and have fun to flip-a-round , I go for a Ice cream or a glass of red ....W.P.

IMG_3728[1].JPG

WP, I like your page of sketches. Happy you aren't in the line of fire at least. We are hoping for a quick ending of that mess. Thanks for the mug. Your hand and paint kit go together. Great finds and always a hunt to find them. I am grinning.

Thanks all.

I sketched in the big book. I put mousetrap on the list because I had to clean under the sink to get a new faucet put in and found them. I sketched with the Micron 02.

csshfl26mousetrap.jpg

Jo, thanks. I don't know if the motorcycle is anatomically correct, but the owner thought it looked good. lol I like your pen mug. I have a few of those and they are so full you can't get a pen in or out. lol Yours looks fine. Your mouse traps have such great details! Not an item that we have at home.

White Pen, I don't blame you for not wanting to listen to the news. It is too depressing to hear it constantly. Nice page of sketches. Looks like a comfy chair. I like your brush holder and watercolor set. Seeing other people's art supplies always makes me smile. Take care and stay safe!

I've been doing small (5 x 7) paintings for the 30 x 30 Direct Watercolor Challenge. I painted one of the local plant nurseries.

5 - something that hangs (hanging baskets) - direct watercolors
6 - shelves of plants
5.jpeg

Joan, such a nice painting , direct, no less. love. it. Thanks, I didn't expect many would have a mouse trap, maybe a cat to catch a mouse. :)

Sorry for being inactive recently. I've been participating in another FB art project "Directwatercolor" month of June 2022. And that has taking me away from our hunt. Anyway, this morning I was having a nice rest... sipping green tea at a cafe... trying to relax a bit.

#1 mug sub. with a cup.... direct watercolor

h26_cup.jpg

Jo – Great job on that recliner! I think we all have chairs like that – too comfy to give up! :) I like your mug – those pens look perfectly fine to me, btw. The mousetrap looks good – nice details. Good sketching!

Jennie – I like your graphite sketches. The latch and fan both look really good, and your mini fingernail makes me smile.

Joan, beautiful watercolors! I’m loving those umbrellas in addition to your steps. The motorcycle looks great – I think you rounded that seat perfectly to make it look very comfy for the rider. Your building is gorgeous – you found a clever way to get the overhead utility wires in there, for a really wonderful cityscape! The hanging baskets are beautiful, looks like a wonderful nursery. You never fail to amaze me by how well you do these.

WP – You’ve been busy! Great full page of sketches for this Hunt. Hmm, ice cream or a glass of red – why not both? ;)

Ai – nice mug! Love the decoration in your green tea.

Here's hoping I haven't overlooked anyone. ❤️

Looks like I will only have time for three. I'm having fun playing with my various new pencil sets.

#1 Yard art - outside my mom's front door. She's had this huge butterfly for years. It's just now starting to fade. I used Derwent Chromaflow here. Sketched it outside lightly and was going to leave it alone, but couldn't resist adding more layers so I could try blending these pencils. The Prismacolor colorless blender works just fine with them.

#2 Mug. The chocolates were in the mug as a gift - long since been consumed. ;) I used soft pastel pencils here which I blended with a tortillion.

#3 From a closet - an oversized red hanger, again using soft pastel pencil.

All done in my Canson XL sketchbook. The yard art took the most time since I gave it more attention inside, but overall I spent about an hour on these 3.

CS Hunt 26.jpg

Looks like I will only have time for three. I'm having fun playing with my various new pencil sets.

#1 Yard art - outside my mom's front door. She's had this huge butterfly for years. It's just now starting to fade. I used Derwent Chromaflow here. Sketched it outside lightly and was going to leave it alone, but couldn't resist adding more layers so I could try blending these pencils. The Prismacolor colorless blender works just fine with them.

#2 Mug. The chocolates were in the mug as a gift - long since been consumed. ;) I used soft pastel pencils here which I blended with a tortillion.

#3 From a closet - an oversized red hanger, again using soft pastel pencil.

All done in my Canson XL sketchbook. The yard art took the most time since I gave it more attention inside, but overall I spent about an hour on these 3.

View attachment 22260
Love the butterfly Terri. I don't use tortions on pastel pencils. I will from now on. Thanks for sharing the how.

Jo, no mousetrap and no cat. lol

Ai, I see you have been busy with the Direct Watercolor Challenge. I've had a few items from the challenge painting fit here too. Nice cup with the design in the top.

Terri, thanks so much for your kind comments. Nice yard art butterfly! Good job on the cup that was once filled with chocolates and the closet hanger.

I joined the NYC Urban Sketchers in Manhattan yesterday.
7 - maxi buildings - watercolors and ink
0604 stavros niarchos foundation Library .jpeg

8 - bird ornamentation - direct watercolors

0604 knox building.jpg

Well, I did one sketch and got caught up learn how to use the program better.....sigh...

Enjoy seeing all your art, we have two more days, hope we can get the scavenger spirit sturring.View attachment 22273having trouble loading the file....learning takes tIke...

Hi everyone, thanks. Been watching college baseball leading up to the College World Series. The Longhorns won the Regional so it is Super Regional next weekend.

Ai, mmmm, on the coffee in the pretty round cup. Such nice ellipses free hand.

Terri, Oh, I love the yard art. We don't have much. Yours reminds me of a friend in Michigan. She has butterflies and much more. She loves gardening. Fun coffee mug for my collection. Good form on the hanger.

Joan, great you got out with the Urban Sketchers!! Yay Nice view and folks. Cool bird decorations. Good find!

Robin, hi. Couldn't see your attachment.

I sketched on Friday. We were called that Gene had to repeat his blood draw from a few days before that and to fast. So we left the house right after 8 and got there in a few minutes and waited almost 2 hours. After we asked a couple of times they came out and said they made a mistake, his draw was good and all was normal! I wonder who didn't get their call to repeat their tests???
Number 6, doorway - double doors at lab. On iPhone with app, Brushes. Very quickly as I thought we would be called in. Ha.
csshfl26doorway.jpg

Number 7, overhead - branches when we walked yesterday. In the travel sketchbook with a Zig Millennium 05

csshfl26overhead.jpg

JoC- lovely recliner digi....I bet it did take a long time. What size and format should I make the digi..like pdf or jpeg how many pixels? Not sure how to get the procreate image into my photo Library ( on iPad).....

Joan - I think your art has gone to the next level, waaaay up there somewheres!!! Beautiful work and I know you have worked diligently to get there.

EP - your art makes me feel so happy......to me the iron looks like it is gonna transform into a robot....like its almost above....probably sounds goofy,.....

JennieJo, your lovely soft sketches make impersonal stuff look pleasantly necessary

Lovely room sketch Jo and the delicate tree branches. Sorry that I have been slow... Hope that I will pick it up more in the next Hunt.

Jo, thanks. Sorry that you were there for a test that Gene didn't need to have. At least they didn't do the test before they noticed. I like the digital of the closed doors but the tree is great...so much detail.

Hi Robin! Thanks for those kind words.

Ai, it Is hard to do the challenge and the hunt too.

Joe 1, what a cute Mickey!!

Joan, how fun to have an urban sketch group like this! Looks like a good time and you certainly got some wonderful sketches from the day.

Jo, thank you! I'm sorry you and Gene had to waste your time like that. How annoying! 🙄 At least you got a good sketch from it, ha! Love those branches, too.

Joe, I think there's always room for Mickey! :) You did a good job, he's cute as can be.

Back