Scavenger Hunt from Life #24: May 14 - May 22

Ai. Lovely shells in watercolour, I really like the soft colouration. What cute paperclips, much more fun than the old standard ones

Joan, so many sketches and all good. My favourite if pushed are the uplifting spring flowers but I always enjoy looking at all of your watercolours especially

Joe1It, good work on the crumpled paper and bottle

Jo, great collection and I do like the colours you've used in the background, they really make the apples pop

EP, I love the way you group finds together, super work.

JennieJo, great work on the suitcase and book pile

Hi to everyone else looking in

Jo - wonderful apples! Very clever of you to incorporate them with the egg and "odd man out" box. Well done!

Eyepaint - great colors on your stacked books, and your folded/crumpled paper sketches look so cool!

Joe1 - Your sketch of the folded/crumpled paper and bottle is very good - I like your added details there! :)

Jennie - it's always a treat to peek at your sketchbook and see your scribbled notes as well as your sketches. ;) That Derwent pencil is a really nice shade of blue.

Joan - wow! Your spring flowers are beautiful! Always enjoy your watercolors.

Ai - your animal paperclips brought a smile! Really cute. Great idea of using a suntan lotion tube as "protective," that one stumped me for a quick idea. Nice job on the watercolor tubes, too.

Sue: Hi back! 👋

Finally took some time to get a page from my sketchbook in for this Hunt.

Shell, timepiece (my late aunt created this from a piece of rock - I don't remotely do it justice here!), and Pet related - a well-used cat toy.

On the plus side, I found my small box of Nupastels so was able to add some color here. But all my colored pencils are still boxed up somewhere in storage, and I won't see them until we move into our new home in September. *sniffle* (A quick run to Blick's might be in order!)

CS Hunt 24.jpg

Jo - thank you
joe1lt - great job with the crumpled bottle
JennieJoe - so colourful and on the note pad with word syllable marks
Joan - thank you. I had to watch a video to fold that origami crane because I cannot remember. Oooh lilacs!
Ai - I always enjoy your colourful paperclips :) Mmm good idea to use SPF 50+ sunscreen.
Sue - thank you
Terri - thank you. Fun cat toy with the missing ear!

Terri: Thanks ... wish you find easy way to do arts around your moving time. Cute time piece and cat toy.
Joan: The field of Iris is sure very uplifting. Your people sketch are always fabulous too... considering that you did it in such a short time... that is superb.
Jo: Thanks. Fantastic apples in pastel...love your vivid glow. Did you do subjects first, then later do the background ?
Joe: Thanks. Cool shell in graphite.
Joe1: Thanks.
Angela: Glad that you can share your shell sketch.
JennieJo: Wonderful texture in your books ... Glad you can join us
EP: Thanks. Nice colorful set... you always have your simple but essense style of things.

If I miss anyone, I'd like to apologize.

Last edited:
Terri, thank you. I'm glad you got to do a few sketches. Love the shape to your shell and the cute doggie toy. Sorry your supplies are already packed away. Maybe you do need that trip to Blick...don't we all? lol

EP, thanks. For some reason I keep encountering lilacs this year. lol Maybe my eyes are just open to different things.

Ai, love your pile of books. Your sketches have such life to them. Good rolled paper and crumpled paper. Thanks for your comment on my irises. I've been trying to do more painting directly in watercolor. It's sort of like sketching in pen first...you get a different look.

Joe, thanks. Your shell is nicely shaded! I would have such a shell collection if I lived down there. Thanks for relaying Jeanne's message.

Ai, nice shapes to your shells. I am always amazed by the variety of different shells.

Terri, thanks. I usually try to do one sketch or painting a day...and usually succeed.

Jeanne, I'm sorry to hear you are having so much pain in your hands and wrists. Hopefully they can figure out a way to alleviate it. We miss you when you're not posting. I know sometimes you are there looking at what we post. I hope you have a Happy Birthday!!!

Jo, thanks. Nice still life with those handy apples and egg. You are ready for that picnic. lol

Robin, some of us have been friends for a long time. I remember Kivrin and have some of her art supplies too, thanks to Ai.

EP, thank you. Nice sketches of the items on top of the stacked books. The origami crane is probably the only thing I can fold successfully (aside from fitted sheets lol). An aunt who was definitely not my favorite showed us how to make them when we were kids. For some reason it stuck in my mind, even though I wanted to forget about her. lol When I taught an artist came and did origami with the kids a few times. I never remembered how to make any of the items he taught.

Joe 1, nice work on the bottle and the crumpled paper. Your shading is well done.

JennieJo, nice sketch of the suitcase. It brings to mind that word "valise" since it looks like an old fashioned type. Nice book sketches too.

10 - uplifting spring flowers - watercolors

View attachment 21858
Thank you. Was so happy to post them. 8f I had tried to sketch something for the challenge I probably wouldn't have )

#9 hanging clothes.... watercolor + pencil

#10 uplifting --time to make my mini art ... iridescent watercolor

h24_hangingClothes.jpg

h24_uplifting.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: amo
Ai - great stack of books in direct watercolour and folded paper too. Lovely colourful laundry drying on the line.
Joan - I know what you mean. I spotted plants that were not yet blooming but I knew they were lilacs from last year/previous years. Then I walked by a place that had lilacs blooming in a pot. Then I walked by the first place yesterday and some of those lilacs were blooming - yay!

joe1lt, excellent finds for the crumpled/folded and picnic bottle!

JennieJo, fun items and clever to reuse the sketchbook. Always makes sketching interesting. Clever.

Joan, beautiful flowers. Purple and green are so good together. Makes me smile. My mom called that type of Iris - flags. Nice memories.

Ai, such cute paper clips. I thought just colored ones were neat. Now I see animals. Your star clip is neat, too. Clever for protective and tubes. Nice color. I like your page of paper things, crumpled, etc. Fun colors and techniques. I love the hanging clothes and mini art kit.

Terri, such a fun page of sketches. I bet the clock is beautiful. Interesting shell and funny cat toy. Never enough art supplies even when they are all out! Hope you get some before September.

Hi, EP, thanks.

Sue, hi and thanks. You did a good job on the list for the Hunt. Happy to get one more in today! See ya next Hunt.

Number 9 shell - peanut shells in the big sketchbook with Micron 02.

csshfl24shell.jpg

Jo: Thanks... Those are lovely peanut shells. Such a clever idea and well executed.

Back