Scavenger Hunt from Life #19: Apr 4 - Apr 12

Joan, super blossom tree - we don't get many of them, too much wind

JoeIt, lovely to see Eeyore, what an appealing expression. Sketching from bed sounds very decadent somehow, good job on the chair

eyepaint, that view in front of you was a good test in perspective, great. Liking your other finds too - healthy sweet treats! Nice pops of colour on these

Jo, Lovely bowl, and full of treats too I think? Good hatching, I find that really difficult as I'm more drawn to shading.

Well done. Where do you live that there are sand dunes and barns left and right? And parking?
I live in Orkney, the island archipelago just off the north coast of Scotland so we have sea, sand, rocks and some cliffs, all around us and no shortage of barns or ruinous buildings etc. As for parking, plenty of that to cater for tourists and even if not an official parking area we can usually find somewhere to pull off the road :):)

Sue and Jo - thank you!
Sue - Oh thank you for the info on your home. I watched the TV show "Shetland" which I think was filmed "near you" (google maps says 9 hours on a ferry!) so I have a wee bit of an idea ... such a beautiful and remote place ...

thanks everyone for the nice words, thanks also for the new hunt, thanks Jo,

5 Something spherical, your thanks for the list.
I drew two lemons,
I tried to color one, maybe, I have to do shorter, simpler attempts, of the exercises before trying to color a drawing. see, read better tutorials, books.
seen some tutorials, read some, but basically those at random.

Limone 2 tentatore.jpg
Limone colorante.jpg
Opera_senza_titolo.jpg

Joe1: Lovely lemon... esp. the glowing yellow one.

#6 sub "a pair of..." with "many of..." -- students taking an on-line exam via MS-Teams

h18_ZoomPeople.jpg

Sorry life has gotten a bit hectic again. Lots of great work and fun challenges posted.👍🏽👍🏽

Here is #2 kitchen appliance.
Started it a few days ago and kept getting interrupted. Never got to finish it and hunt is over. Praying I have more Art time in new Hunt.
3CA806ED-5F46-4D32-A545-FF8DA0B453EA.jpeg

Joe

JoeIt, lovely lemons, I really like the colour , it glows and has good shaping- keep at it

Ai, great to see your students again - some of them definitely look more studious than others :)

Joe, it's such a nuisance when life gets in the way of art isn't it ;) Not sure I know what a Ninja is in kitchen terms? Hope life settles down again for you.

Joe, it's such a nuisance when life gets in the way of art isn't it ;) Not sure I know what a Ninja is in kitchen terms? Hope life settles down again for you.
Ninja is a brand. They make lots of kitchen appliance. This is is basically a grill but has various inserts do it can grill, bake, roast, dehydrate, air fry and some other things. We just use it to grill. Has a built in thermometer and you set for desired wellness. Forget the exact name but it claims to be 6 in 1.

Last edited:
joe1lt, mmmm, great lemons. I like the textures in the black and white and the color is super. Yellow is hard for me. Nice work. You are in Italy? More of the world for us.

Ai, oh how fun with the students hard at work.

Joe, a Ninja grill thingy. Pretty cool. Gene is our gadget guy and I have kept him from getting any of those things. We had a George Forman sandwich thing which is long gone. I don't like cleaning gadgets, like choppers. I'd rather just clean a knife. Ha.

I did a couple more.
csshfl19buckert.jpg

Number 11, bucket - watercolor in a watercolor sketchbook, 9 x 12 inches

csshfl19wall.jpg

Number 12, wall - Sharpie pen in the regular paper sketchbook at the PT local.
Gene is having cataract surgery so we won't be doing PT for a while. May sketch at the eye clinic ... or not.

See all y'all on the next Hunt. Thanks again Sue.

Thanks Joe, I tend to side with Jo and not into any of the newer machines in the kitchen - my food processor is over 30 years old and still going strong!

Jo. good bucket - looks metallic and I love the way you've shaded it to show the form and structure. Good PT sketch again - lucky Gene, I am still awaiting my cataract op and getting heartily tired of the wait now.

Jo: Thanks... beautiful blue buckrt and room corner wall

Sue: Thanks... I will jot down your town name in my bucket list "Orkney Scotland" So beautiful... How far are you from the coast ?

Joe: Thanks... Nice kitchen appliance sketch.

Sue: Thanks... I will jot down your town name in my bucket list "Orkney Scotland" So beautiful... How far are you from the coast
I live about 3 minutes by car to the sea or 10 minutes if I walk - but wherever we go on the island we are never that far from the sea, I was born and raised in Nottingham, in the middle of England so about as far from the coast as could be - never fail to count my blessings to have moved to these beautiful islands - over 20 years ago now, time flies!

Sue: Thank you... Thanks for hosting this Hunt. If I ever make it to Orkney, I will send you a message for a sketchout together.

Back