Scavenger Hunt from Life #108: Mar 24 - Apr 1, 2024

AiArts

Please refer to the Scavenger Hunt history details from some previous Hunt...
You can help us by sign up by posting your name on the current hosting schedule in the Art From Life forum here:
https://creativespark.art/threads/scavenger-hunt-from-life-host-sign-up-list.2481/

Hello art buddies... gather some cool little things around you and go drawing or painting them from life with any medium you prefer... You can do only few items as you can .... just have fun.

Here is the list:
----------------------------------
egg (Challenge#1 ... try to draw it in more than one form)
condiment
fruit
home or part of home
building

boat or relate to waterway
nature
rock
branch or bush
fence or boundary marker of some kind

car or vehicle
engine or machinery
pipe (Challenge#2... showing some kind of connection)
interesting shadow
interesting pattern

interesting texture
fabric or made by fabric
paper or made by paper
glass
cup

ceramic or tile
yummy
animal
person or people
free space#1
free space#2
----------------------------------------------------
Challenge#3 -- put a few of them as your still-life
Challenge#4 -- try to use a medium you rarely use

Last edited:
Thanks for the new list, Ai. It's too late to work on it tonight, but I hope to get started tomorrow.

thanks for the list. hope to sketch for this one... I always smile when I see "free space", it means "just do something!" :)

1 - boat - water soluble ink
2 - nature

IMG_4894.jpeg

I did a collection of small sketches of mostly daffodils today.
3 - rock - watercolors & some ink markers
4 - bush (forsythia in the sketch sort of in the center

IMG_4897.jpeg

Joan -- I like the lines on the pylons and boat, an the daffodils are great!

Went on a walk starting from here and drew this when I got back...
( I have no idea what this is... I think the building behind it is a pump house for a nearby pond )

#1 challenge-2, pipes w/connections...
IMG_1866rs.jpg

and a photo:
IMG_1865rs.jpg

Thanks for the new list, Ai. It's too late to work on it tonight, but I hope to get started tomorrow.
Sorry for a bit delay of posting the list, Joan. Hope we still have plenty of fun time with this Hunt.

Joan: Great start of this Hunt. Wonderful boat scene... the Daffs are so pretty and fresh. A pageful of them is so super.

Ned: Great start of this Hunt with the red pipes and their connections. I am smiling.

Robin: I hope you don't mind that Terri may delete your 108 post to prevent confusion among us... as we cross posted earlier. I am pretty sure your list will be very handy for the one you host next. I;m sorry about confusion at this time of hosting, and I will try to post my list faster, next time.

#1 sub. related to waterway with related to water feature ...at our Uni. pond ...done in directwatercolor

20240326_100812.jpg

20240326_100913.jpg

Last edited:
Hi folks-
Great start happening here!

Joan- nice lines on the boat…it looks like it could float on air. Great daffy’s.

Ted- nice after the walk sketch, yep those are some heafty pipes

Ai - glad to see your list, thanks for hosting… nice composition tall water drop and tall bldg…like portrayal if splashes

1- animal
IMG_2349.jpeg

Ned, thanks. Wowza on the pump and pipes!!!

Ai, thanks. I looked around for different kinds of flowers, but all that was in bloom were the daffodils and the forsythia just started. Great water feature!!!

Robin, love the animal. Are your critters adjusting to the move?

5 - egg - watercolors and ink

IMG_4903.jpeg

Robin: Thank you. Super cute dog... great job of captured him down the sketchbook so fast.

Joan: Thanks... that is so lovely fried egg in a pan. Welldone.

#2 nature ...some yellow tree flowers dropping their blossoms in a park ...done in directwatercolor ...the park caretaker said that this year, both trees blossom at the same time...done in 30 min.

20240327_081506.jpg

20240327_081220.jpg

20240327_074250.jpg

Please refer to the Scavenger Hunt history details from some previous Hunt...
You can help us by sign up by posting your name on the current hosting schedule in the Art From Life forum here:
https://creativespark.art/threads/scavenger-hunt-from-life-host-sign-up-list.2481/

Hello art buddies... gather some cool little things around you and go drawing or painting them from life with any medium you prefer... You can do only few items as you can .... just have fun.

Here is the list:
----------------------------------
egg (Challenge#1 ... try to draw it in more than one form)
condiment
fruit
home or part of home
building

boat or relate to waterway
nature
rock
branch or bush
fence or boundary marker of some kind

car or vehicle
engine or machinery
pipe (Challenge#2... showing some kind of connection)
interesting shadow
interesting pattern

interesting texture
fabric or made by fabric
paper or made by paper
glass
cup

ceramic or tile
yummy
animal
person or people
free space#1
free space#2
----------------------------------------------------
Challenge#3 -- put a few of them as your still-life
Challenge#4 -- try to use a medium you rarely use
Done a while back ...while I was waiting for my 'pole painting' layer to dry. Pencil sketch, in sketchbook. Not an exact match to the photograph,
1000004143-01.jpeg
IMG_20220125_062611_123-01.jpeg
but close.

Attachments

• IMG_20211121_063943.jpg
    IMG_20211121_063943.jpg
    238 KB · Views: 4
Ai, that's such a pretty scene. I thought the yellow on the ground was from flowers growing there. I didn't realize it was so many fallen petals. Wow! Great job!!

JennyJo, what a great idea to paint the bottom of the pole so nicely. I love that idea. Fun sketch of it with the car in the background.

Joan - Cool shading on the boat and background. Page of daffodils just yells SPRING! Love the fried egg.

Ned - Definitely connected! Good find.

Ai - Great job capturing the water flow. Your campus is beautiful giving you super subjects. Wow those trees must have been stunning covered in all those yellow blossoms as they even look pretty on the ground.

Robin - At least one of your critters looks to be enjoying its new home. Fun sketch.

JennieJo - Cool idea to paint the pole. Is it just the one pole painted or is that a community endeavor? Like the stylized look of your sketch.

Keep sketching
Fletch

Joan: Thank you.

JennieJo: Super cool that you got both your art on the pole with your car.

Robin: I hope you are settling in nicely to a new place with your cute pets.

Fletch: Thanks a lot.

Joan- nice egg- I love all the greys…will try to copy that approach soon I hope.

Ai- great job. Making the distinction between leaves all around - you did it! Good example of fearlessly filling the page. Nice

Jennie Jo - neat way to spread the art around. Very pleasant work.

Hi Fletch, NedL and JoC

Yep the animals are setting in …..the bunny has adjusted to the living room and now we are working to branch out to the art studio. It’s been one week without any spraying. Yesterday the cat came in while Bunbun was right there and they were calm. I ushered kitty into other room. Dogs come in to laundry room at night. There are lots of dogs in neighborhood they all love to bark back and forth…three ring circus.

Joan you started big with the boat and nature, cool. Beautiful yellow daffs, nice find and assortment. The egg looks ready to eat. Mmmm, good.

Ned you started in a big way, too. Wow, great job on all the pipes!

Ai, you found a neat water scene. Beautiful. Kudos on the yellow trees, too. Pretty.

Robin, hi. Nice work on the cute doggie. You have a menagerie for sure. Sounds like you stay busy and both worked and entertained.

JennieJo, what a unique find. Is the pole in your yard or a city project?? Fun.

Sketched at the dentist office yesterday at Gene's PT today. Joanna found a field of bulls and bluebonnets so may go there tomorrow during the time. In the Canson travel sketchbook, regular paper with the Acurite 03.
Number 1 and 2 Free spaces
Number 3 building

csshfl108freespace1.jpg
csshfl108freespace2.jpg

csshfl108building.jpg

Jo: Thank you. Love all your lines, esp. the signature barn door of Texas... You probably so used to it but I think it is quite unique. While I was in Alabama and Nashvilles for several years, I did not see many barn doors... Looking forward to your TX flower fields, esp. the blue bonnets

Robin: Thank you. Can't wait to see some of your pets weaving into many of your cool sketches.

Back