Scavenger Hunt #61: Mar 15 - Mar 23

Jo: Thanks... Wow... well done with so many coins...great work and with the flags...super set !!!

Thanks for the list Joe!

I disappeared because of work and life again. Haven't even opened my laptop in more than a week -- and only one drawing in the past week. Hopefully I won't "disappear" for months this time. I'll try to "lurk" even if I'm not drawing! 😎

Ai - love the hatching on the elephant. Clever find on the compass. Nice line work on the stand.

Jo - Neat little composition. Like the offset in the stapler through the container.

Ned - waves 👋🏽

Keep sketching
Joe

Ai, I missed your plate stand and marbles. Good finds and well done.

NedL, we will keep the light on for you! Take care and see ya when we see ya.......

Thanks, Joe. Guilt sketch ... lazy day.

Ned, Jo, Joe, Joe1: Thank you.

Ned, Jo: It is OK to have slow days or slow weeks... Just balance yourself and be back when you can pls.

#3 glass - digital sketch, Clip Studio Paint, watercolour- wash brush, watercolour paper texture for the background layer

34.PNG

Sylwia, pretty glass. Lovely ellipses. You did well on the watercolor look.

Ai, what fun. I like all your art "stuffs". Makes me smile.

I sketched in the Ohuhu sketchbook with Blick gray markers and GellyRoll white and Micron 02.
Number 7, sheer - curtains in my studio

csshfl61sheer.jpg

Sylwia - lovely shape to that mug - is it for drinking or is it paint water? Great palette knives :)
Joan - fantastic handles on those skeleton keys
Jo - fun nested blue measuring cups with built in spouts for pouring. Fun stapler behind the blass jar oooh yay sheer curtains!
Ai - great blossom you found. Ooooh a compass! Fun collection of art items

EP & all: Thank you for your kind comments or likes.

Sylwia: Thanks. your glass digital sketch is so beautiful

Jo: Thanks. Wonderful sheer curtain in marker... fun

AlabamaJama: Thanks. Very nice pill box.

Im thinking of Jo while attemping this set....This set was done with Sennelier soft pastel on A3 size copier paper, took me about 1 hour...some pastel crumbled away in my hands...I inherrit this pastel set from our late Hunt friend, Kivrin.

@jo ...the cheese brand was Castello..is that the same as your last name ?

#8 house --> rooms --> dining room --> meal --> appetizer--> Cheese&bread
#9 wood -- a cutting board
#10 metal --cheese knife

20230319_192146.jpg
20230319_192127.jpg

Last edited:
Sylwia, nice plastic and metal knives. Look useful! Good details on the glass too.

Ai, love the bright colors of that blossom. Ah...more food...good food on the grill. So yummy! Nice sketch of the ceramic piece? Good job on the marbles! Wonderful sketch of your art supplies. Somehow seeing art supply sketches always makes me smile. Anyone else?? Super pastel of the cheese board items! If we could reach into the post we could have a nice happy hour.

Joe, thanks muchly!

Jo, great idea for the container, but hard to track the amount if someone is sneaking in coins. lol You nailed the look of the sheer curtains...good work!

Ned, I hope for your sake you get to do some sketching and not just lurking. Sounds like you need some relaxation time.

Alabama Jama, nice lines on your pill bottle.

5 - glass windows on the conservancy at the Brooklyn Botanic Garden - direct watercolor

IMG_2026.jpeg

6 - window views - watercolors

IMG_2007.jpeg

7 - ceramic pots in the Water House at the Brooklyn Botanic Garden - watercolors and ink

IMG_2024.jpeg

Joan: Thanks... gorgeous on all, the amazing Botanical glass house, and another welldone of the windows view... The plants are fantastic.

This was done earlier, quick 20 min. ... done with OP in A3 size copier paper...
#11 rough -- Thai pumpkin
#12 smooth -- butternut squash

h61_rough-smooth.jpg

Alabama Jama - yay "something in bag"
Ai - mmmm that seems yummy (bread and cheese) with a bonus photo of all those yummy pastels. Yahoo gourds/squash
Joan - lovely work on the glass windows of the conservatory and lovely leaves in the conservatory

Cheers,

Sylwia - especially like the sparkle on the glass.

Ai - Love Stuff for coins association! Also like the shift in perspective. Like the pastel it looks like you were having fun. Food looks yummy as do the squashes. Nice shading.

Jo - like the shades of gray effect.

Bama Jama - Good find. 👍🏽

Joan - beautiful work on both buildings. Love the shading on the leaves.

EP - Nice group of sketches. I like that you usually draw some type of boundary/enclosure. Trying to think of right word to describe the effect but it makes the group look more.., finished(?). Eventually the right word will pop up but adding the boundary adds to the sketch. 👍🏽

Keep sketching
Joe

Ai, your pumpkin and butternut squash are nicely done. Nice shading on them.

Alabama Jama, thanks for your comments. I was done with windows by the time I did that conservancy building. lol

EP, thanks. As always you have a great group of sketches. Did you actually make the button and the mug or were they home made by someone else?

Joe, many thanks.

Today it was too cold to be outside sketching so I looked for something that was going on inside. One of the local libraries had a "St. Patrick's Day" concert given by a pianist and cellist so I sat in the audience and sketched them.

5 - plastic keyboard - watercolors and ink
6 - wood cello

IMG_2031.jpeg

Back