Scavenger Hunt #61: Mar 15 - Mar 23

jmfletch

Scavenger Hunt #61: Mar 15 - Mar 23

Welcome to the Scavenger Hunts from Life.
The Hunts were started in 2006 by Jamie Williams Grossman as a way to practice with prompts. Artists have come and gone while forming some lasting friendships. We hope you will join in and tune up your sketching skills. All levels and techniques are welcome. We hope you can have some good times here. You can travel the world seeing the sketches of items at hand by the artists.

If you’ve participated in at least one Scavenger Hunt and have time to host one we would really appreciate it. You can sign up by posting your name on the current hosting schedule in the Art From Life forum here:
https://creativespark.art/threads/scavenger-hunt-from-life-host-sign-up-list.2481/

Here are the rules for the Hunt:
*All everyday common items on the list must be sketched from life – not imagination or photo reference.
*Each object you draw can count for only one item on the listless, no matter how many shapes/parts/colors that object contains. This was agreed on by unanimous vote among the participants.
*You may place multiple objects together in a drawing or painting, and may count these objects as separate items, but no single object can count for more than one item.
*All items posted must be numbered. Count them as you go. The first item you post will be #1 regardless of its place on the list. Do them in whatever order you wish, but count them in the order in which you sketch them, from 1 to 26.
*Do as many or as few of the items as you like. You don’t have to finish the entire list to participate. The Scavenger Hunt “week” will last for 9 days, with the next hunt starting on the 9th day.
*Please tell us your size, surface, medium, and the amount of time it took you for each sketch. We love hearing about your subjects and setups. Photos of your subjects are welcome.
*Have fun!
*** If you have some hunt sketches completed but little time to read/comment, please post your sketches anyway. Commenting is appreciated but not required!

Scavenger Hunt #61

Window view
Entry
Exit
A street sign
House
Bush
Tree
Wood
Glass
Plastic metal
Ceramic
Hand made
Collectible
Coin
Stamp
Rock
Water
Calm
Rough
Steep
Sheer
Transparent
Smooth
Wet
Dry
Whatever is in your pocket/purse/bag

Challenges:
1 Use 2 or more associations. List your associations.
Example: label - package - present - bow.
Draw a bow and list the 3 associations
2 Draw view out a window and view in the same window

Ai - Sorry intended to post last night so you would have early today but stuff happened.☹️

Thanks for the new list, Joe. I'll get to work on it today. Looks like you gave us a bonus item since plastic & metal are on the same line. There are a total of 27.

#1 ceramic - digital sketch, Clip Studio Paint, charcoal brush

32.PNG

Sylwia - excellent digital drawing of mug. The two palette knives just blew me way. 👍🏽👍🏽

Joan - Detail on the antique keys is great.

Jo - Your digi looks like you were playing with pastels.

Ai - flower is beautiful and painted beautifully. I am with Jo. Looking at the grill I want some.

Keep sketching
Joe

Thank you, Jo & Joe & Alabama Jama.

#3 ceramic
20230317_222104.jpg

20230317_222056.jpg

#4 wet -- there was liquid underneath the top clear face of a compass

20230317_224904.jpg

#5 plastic -- the plate stand, done with pen
#6 collection -- marbles, done with pen & ink

h61_plastic-collection.jpg

Last edited:
Joe, I should use the "pastel" in the digital sketches, I might go quicker. Ha.

Ai, the ceramic elephant is cute. Clever find for wet, nice compass.

I sketched here at the computer in my ArtStreet sketchbook with a Micron 03. About 8 x 10 inches
Number 3 plastic - flag
Number 4 coin
Number 5 transparent - container, it counts the coins $ wise Don't think Gene has been using the counting part, just opens the lid and puts them in. Ha.
Number 6 metal - the stapler

csshfl61plastic.jpg

Back