Satoshi Nakamoto

Bongo

Satoshi Nakamoto is the mysterious, anonymous founder of BitCoin.

acrylic on 16"x20" panel
Satoxx2403.jpg

Wow! Excellent painting of such an innovative personality. I myself have Bitcoin. All your blending, color choice, and brush strokes don't go unnoticed on this. It's all really fantastic. Well done. ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

This is interesting! I never knew of him. In doing a search and reading here and there, he was so mysterious that you could have painted anybody, called them by his name and no one would have been the wiser. Well done. (y) (y)

Thank you, thank you. There is no photographic or biographic information on Satoshi Nakamoto. It is a pseudonym used on a developer's forum while bitcoin was being created. Soon after a million bitcoins were placed in a bitcoin wallet and Satoshi hasn't been heard of since nor has the wallet been touched. Those coins now worth around $50 billion.

So I've done his "portrait" three times. The first one I did was sort of an ephemeral rendering in keeping with his ephemeral nature.
When I told people it was Satoshi Nakamoto - they said "who's that?" When I told them he's the founder of bitcoin. They said, "what's a bitcoin?"

acrylic on 24" x 36" pegboard
sato1.jpg

A few years later, people still didn't know who Satoshi is but DID know about bitcoin - which was viewed then with much suspicion and conspiracy theories. So I made him somewhat sinister looking.

acrylic on 24" x 24" hardboard
sato2.jpg

The latest incarnation I went for more of a contemplative look.

Very interesting Bongo!! And timely too! I have been in the markets as a pro throughout my career. Nevertheless my only exposure to Bitcoin is through my Tesla holdings. I hope that you got yourself a coin or two, or a fraction thereof, when you painted the earliest portrait - the ephemeral one, which is my favorite. All 3 are well done!

I love that you have painted this guy. Three versions now. Many people still don't know what Bitcoin is. I took it as payment for art supplies on a fluke, or only because the artist I sold them to didn't have cash to pay for it. Now the $150 I got for it is worth a LOT more.

Nicely done portraits, all three of them. I really like the first one you did, the 'ephemeral' one.

Thank you all much appreciated. I'm taking an M.I.T. course on bitcoin and now there are NFT's - non-fungible tokens - that go for insane prices. I'm trying to wrap my head around that too. But then - I'm the guy that thought Jeff Bezos should just stick to selling books -stay in his lane. He had such a nice niche with the books why blow it.

I'm thinking about, or no...I'm going to set up taking crypto on my website. I see that there's all this NFT art is going for a lot of money lately. That got me thinking about just taking the currency as payment, but not getting into the game of making the actual NFT art itself. Life is changing.

Back