Roses

Enyaw

namuh
11.jpg

11 x 14 oil on paper .. alla prima .. study .. knife .. painted Jan 2.22

Beautiful! I love how you've used so many colours but the roses still really stand out.

Loving every inch of this one. Your bright roses against that luscious background are irresistible! ❤️

I like the way you suggest the flowers without painting too many small details. Was it painted from life?

Thanks Jo, Terri, Lamar, John, Queen Bee, and Hermes ..

Hermes, the thing came out of my head. I just decided to paint flowers and that is what came about.

Seeing all the lovely still life paintings posted by various artists here, sometimes makes me itch to try it as well. I've never painted flowers or any other type of still life, so will be quite outside my comfort zone. I fear I'll be the laughing stock of the forum.

Just remember you are not painting flowers you are building a design. No one cares if they look like the real thing as long as they trigger the viewers mind. These are little demon faces smiling at you and yet you, me, and others see roses. Weird stuff. Enjoy.

Thank you AMS

A feast of color, realistic enough to give the idea of roses in a jar and abstracted enough to leave the details to the imagination of the observer. (y)

These are little demon faces smiling at you and yet you, me, and others see roses. Weird stuff. Enjoy.

Thank you AMS
Hilarious! After you made this post I went back and looked again and I CAN see little demon faces!! 😂🤣

Back