Rose Road In Afternoon

Trier

Supporting Member
this is an experimental post to see if I can add a Note as an attachment that will only open when it is clicked on.

16x20 in Weber Woil/paper 2014

DSCN0217wOilRoseRdM1.JPG

NOTE

Attachments

• NOTE Woil.jpg
    NOTE Woil.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 116
  • NOTE Woil.jpg
    NOTE Woil.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 115
The painting is lovely! ❤️ I am not sure, but I think that to post a note that would only open when clicked, you would need to have the note hosted on another site and post it as a link. This one does open fully upon clicking.

Thank you very much, sno !
I kind of like the softness of the painting, but that was not what I was shooting for, since belong to the Church of High Chroma(according to Bongo).

Your note suggestion sounds logical, now all I have to do is find another site on which to store the Notes in little files . . .hmnn, how about Wet Canvas !! LOL, LOL !

On the other hand, it looks like I can come close enough this way to accomplish the objective, even if a little clumsy and time consuming.
I assume the attachments looked blurry and unreadable to you also when you saw them before clicking ? If you think that is good enough, I will enter some boilerplate message above the attachments describing the options a viewer has.
What do you think ?

Thanks

No, the attachments didn't look blurry, just cropped on the sides.

Lovely painting, for sure. I like the "pop-up" notes. Very clever. I like reading about your process and the details of the work, a lot! That's one of my favorite things.

I like the painting, nice backlighting with subtle cast shadows.
Why did you give up traditional oils, vapors? I tried WMOs but found no advantages and didn’t like the odor of them. Contrastly, found more disadvantages with them; pigment load, the need for the emulsified mixing oil, the need to soap and water wash brushes, and longer drying time.
I have some problem with regular oils solvent vapors, turps and Mineral spirits. However, Gamblin Gamsol solved that for me.

I like the painting, nice backlighting with subtle cast shadows.
Why did you give up traditional oils, vapors? I tried WMOs but found no advantages and didn’t like the odor of them. Contrastly, found more disadvantages with them; pigment load, the need for the emulsified mixing oil, the need to soap and water wash brushes, and longer drying time.
I have some problem with regular oils solvent vapors, turps and Mineral spirits. However, Gamblin Gamsol solved that for me.
Hey Patrick, thanks for the interest and comments.

Yes, it was the effect of the solvent vapors that finally caused me to quit traditional oils. Headaches, slight dizziness and generally lousy feelings.

I tried the WMOs also, but found almost exactly the same shortcomings you state.
The pigment load in particular was a big disappointment.

I have read that even the odorless solvents will have the same bad effect, and I think that is at least partially true for me after trying odorless Mineral Spirits.

I have some Gamsol that I have not given a thorough trial yet because I am hooked on the quick drying nature of acrylic.

Based on your experience, I will give Gamsol a good try. Thanks.

I like this, and your other High C's as well. I think when you do something - like this - that is a left turn off the beaten path, you really need to see a series of them to appreciate it. Otherwise it's kind of a one-off "goof". Nothing wrong with one-off goofs - I have a ton of them. But once you hit something that resonates with you, you should mine it till the well goes dry imo.

I like this, and your other High C's as well. I think when you do something - like this - that is a left turn off the beaten path, you really need to see a series of them to appreciate it. Otherwise it's kind of a one-off "goof". Nothing wrong with one-off goofs - I have a ton of them. But once you hit something that resonates with you, you should mine it till the well goes dry imo.
Thanks, Bongo, for the interest and comment.

Your opinion makes a lot of sense. I sorta feel that way too, but one of my problems is that I have two, or three, or more things resonating with me at once and not enough physical space (or strength) to pursue them all at the same time.

I think I will try to cram another easel in and work on two or more paintings at the same time, as they call.
Thanks for the push.

Back