Robert Deniri

joe1It

I'm making a quick foray into this forum for my most recent drawings, 3 days ago I wanted to make a caricature attempt of the immense Bob. But then I made 8 so it's something a little different from what I usually place, I thought I'd put it here. It's always difficult to judge your own attempts. Also because then I don't think I tried to do caricature anymore but try normally, slower than I could, I don't remember well but which in one way like another, some fast or left but others long, I kept trying again because I was undecided on photos and medium and in the end I tried several times, digital

2022-09-02 12-44 2.jpeg
2022-09-02 12-44.jpeg
2022-09-02 12-44 3.jpeg
2022-09-02 12-44 1.jpeg
2022-09-02 12-44 4.jpeg
2022-09-02 12-44 5.jpeg
2022-09-02 12-44 7.jpeg
2022-09-02 12-44 8.jpeg

He is coming through in 1,3and 4.
And as Enyaw said, the one before last definitely has soul.
Good job, Joe.

Wayne,Desforgers, thank you very much, happy that you like them, and nice to hear which one you prefer, thank you

True story: I found a large stash of old works in the back of my closet yesterday. Many of the works were portraits and caricatures over the last 10 years (some good, some not so). And here I am looking at your work the next day.

You are working without a net when you pursue this type of art - you either hit your mark or not. For me #3 is the most accurate. You captured that delicate alignment of eyes, mouth, nose and general shape of the head. I like your bold style. I look forward to your future contributions. Thanks for sharing.

CaliAnn, thank you for the nice words, glad you like them. RCleary thank you very much for the beautiful and encouraging words, thank you for talking about your works that you reviewed yesterday, it makes me think that practising with portraits or caricatures is not wrong . Thank you tried for my opinion on portrait 3. The 3rd and penultimate that Wayne and Desforgers indicated thinking about it, I think they are also my favourites, I also like to do what we can try to continue the most, or stop even after a while, maybe for different reasons

Numbers 3 and seven for me, plus I like 4 simply as a drawing, likeness or not. Good Stuff, Joe! I even enjoy seeing the marks you make to build up your drawings :)

Good work Joe. I can definitely see him in no's 1 and 3. 3 is my favourite, it has a lot of character. The next to last one is also a really good portrait.

I love both your more rendered work and the gestures of the less finished pieces. You have become so good over the time I have known you. All of these have so much personality. Well done Joe! ♥️

I was then thinking of trying other references by De Niro, trying the same thing and putting them here, by De Niro and then by Al Pacino, for me thinking of one of the 2, means thinking about the other too. So use this post for that, yesterday but I made this figure, for shading I did these traits, actually I didn't want to do shading, maybe little, and that I had done a lot of scrolling and then maybe shading covered scars, I wonder if it's what to do often, if it makes better drawing, I don't have previous photos, while

2022-09-04 11-38.jpeg
2022-09-04 12-25.jpeg
2022-09-04 12-03.jpeg
2022-09-06 00-08.jpeg
2022-09-04 22-55.jpeg
2022-09-04 16-46.jpeg
2022-09-04 16-46 1.jpeg

I was wrong the order in which I put them, facts, the face with the colours is the penultimate, the figure the most recent, yesterday's drawing

A figure without shading that I have made is this, in recent times, more or less in these two ways they are coming to me if they count with shading or stopping first

2022-09-06 18-35.jpeg

Back