River Of Dreams

Enyaw

namuh
14.jpg

Study .. 11 x 14 inches .. oil on panel .. knife .. alla prima .. painted Jan 11/22

Thank you Ayin .. I really like this one. It is a good story of a girl by a fire lingering in her dreams.

Looks like a good place to linger. Nice one, Wayne. Will you use these studies to do larger pieces someday perhaps?

not sure what is happening .. I am working away at developing original art. We'll have to see what happens. Anyone with time, patience, and learning can paint a girl in a chair but not everyone can paint the story in the viewers soul. For instance, in this piece I see a man in scuba decor in the water, a polar bear and a seal, Rabbits and hides hanging on a wall, a blond girl in a yellow dress in a rocking chair by a fire, etc. Each viewer should see similar but different things. That is what is happening in my mind at the moment. I have no long term plans other that to keep developing my paintings which I hope will force the viewer to stop and reflect on things in their soul. I once read that someone said: I am your mirror.

I love it! The subtle colors with the little vase of roses popping up unexpectedly is amazing. ❤️❤️

I see a rocking chair, a vase with pink roses and a woman's torso behind the roses.
Cool.

Very interesting. With the exception of the girl, the entire painting looks fluid, almost like mercury flowing and pooling in places. This one keeps the eye in motion. Oddly, when I see the seal, the bear disappears. I see a man in the water with a breathing tube, but, then, I see lots of faces throughout the painting. Yes, a very interesting painting, and I also like your description of your thought process.

Thank you Lamar .. there is a lot in that one .. more than most .. must have been a good day.

Back