River cottages

Grampy

This just popped up on my Facebook memories from 5 years ago. Acrylic on 16"x24"Hardboard.
Unfortunately I experimented with making my own gesso and after a while it started to peel off, so again unfortunately the painting no longer exists.
This is the River Skell with Ripon Cathedral in the background.
20190320_141703_IMG_2454.JPG

Thought it was worth a showing. Steve.

What a shame! Experimentation can lead to wonderful success but also a sad result. I'm sorry the homemade gesso didn't last because this is beautiful. I love the details throughout, especially the paint brushes in the side foreground. ❤️

Sorry to hear this painting no longer exists, it’s a beauty, but at least you have a photo.

That was such a nice painting! I’m glad you figured out the gesso problem so you don’t lose any more paintings.

It is a wonderful landscape! I guess all I can say is when varying from the norm it's probably best to experiment first. At least you have a photo reference should you start over.

It is a wonderful landscape! I guess all I can say is when varying from the norm it's probably best to experiment first. At least you have a photo reference should you start over.
Thanks gbritnell, I have only my self to blame, it is so important to get the foundation right and it is not as if Gesso is too expensive.
More fool me.

Back