Red Pals, geraniums, soft pastel

Jo Castillo

Supporting Member
I sketched for the Scavenger Hunts in the Art From Life forum . It is my same old geranium that is not doing too well. I'm definitely not a gardener. As usual I used a Pastelbord that had an unsatisfactory landscape on it. the board was dark green to start so gives a nice background for this. I plan on framing this one.

shfl125flower.jpg

Red Pals
Pastelbord, 5 x 7 inches
Assorted Pastels.

It is fun to paint "red" and I like geraniums. Not sure why. Maybe they are durable and my mom always had them as house plants. My bedraggled one is outside.

csphoto-flower.jpg

You really made them so beautiful, Jo, but then I always admire your geraniums! The sense of depth and space between the blooms is so well done and this one definitely deserves a nice frame!

Wayne, thanks. You know how I feel about red!

Donna T, thank you. Your comments mean the world to me.

Queen Bee, many thanks. I will put it against the glass and frame it up. Try to post it again then.

snoball, thank you so much. Maybe Poppin' Red is a good name for the next one!

Hermes2020, thanks, pastels make broken edges easy. I tend to make too many hard edges so happy you noticed.
Marksmomagain, thank you. Paint what you love, right?

Boy, this is frame worthy! The red and green just jump off the page, with well placed darks. Entire painting is well composed.

Gorgeous, Jo!!! You certainly do some spectacular work with those pastels. Lovely contrasts on the petals and leaves.

moscatel, thank you. I love red flowers, especially geraniums. Too bad they don't have a nice aroma like roses.

Kay, thank you. Yes the heat and neglect ... I'm a lazy person.

Back