Recent work

IronPawn

Hello everyone,

haven't been around for a while now because of family situation and unfortunately someone very dear to me passed away recently after long illness so I couldn't really focus on painting for past 6-7 months or so. Here and there I would do something (bellow) but not even close to the amount of work prior to this. Just couldn't come up with anything.

Here I have 3 pieces, with 2 of them from last summer (I think) but lately I've been contemplating more and more for more of a "messy" look in my paintings with different brushstroke and be less polished - so, the 3rd one (the apples) is a clumsy attempt of putting this idea to work. Today I've been working on another one and when it's done I'll also have some photos of the process.

Hope I find everyone well and till next time - have a good one!

Zoran

Peruvian strawberries

Peruvian strawberries.jpg

Still life with some nectarines

Nectarines.jpg

Still life with some apples and walnuts

Apples.jpg

So nice to see you again, Zoran! Please accept my condolences on the loss of your friend. ❤️ I think we all can understand that it's impossible to think creatively while going through personal family issues, so I'm glad to think it's all improved enough to allow you time back at the easel.

These are all quite exquisite - you have such a command of light and values. A beauty to behold! Your last apples do seem to have a less defined line than the others. But your treatment of light and your general refined brushwork is still there! :) They are lovely, as is the cloth and the pool of light.

Gorgeous work in each.

So nice to see you again, Zoran! Please accept my condolences on the loss of your friend. ❤️ I think we all can understand that it's impossible to think creatively while going through personal family issues, so I'm glad to think it's all improved enough to allow you time back at the easel.

These are all quite exquisite - you have such a command of light and values. A beauty to behold! Your last apples do seem to have a less defined line than the others. But your treatment of light and your general refined brushwork is still there! :) They are lovely, as is the cloth and the pool of light.

Gorgeous work in each.
Thank You Terry, you are always so kind... much appreciated and thank you! Yes, in fact it was my dad, who was also my best friend thru life... will miss him a lot. As for painting, hopefully will find more time for it now.

Thanks again Terri, till next time...

Zoran, good to see your works again. Like always: Wow! Great stuff. Sorry for your loss. Wish I had the words to say but unfortunately there are none. If you want to learn sloppy I’ll have lots for you to contemplate. Your controll is astute so attack the clumsy with that same perfection. I’m sure you will arrive at a happy medium. 🙂

It’s always so nice to see your incredibly beautiful work, Zoran. These paintings are exquisite and if a less polished look is calling to you I hope you’ll enjoy trying out a new style. I’m so sorry to hear about the loss of your dad. May you find comfort in your studio.

Zoran, good to see your works again. Like always: Wow! Great stuff. Sorry for your loss. Wish I had the words to say but unfortunately there are none. If you want to learn sloppy I’ll have lots for you to contemplate. Your controll is astute so attack the clumsy with that same perfection. I’m sure you will arrive at a happy medium. 🙂
Hey Wayne, hope all is well... thanks! Ha, I've been looking at your brushwork for some ideas, so don't be surprised if you get some competition here :) Talk to you soon buddy and all the best.

It’s always so nice to see your incredibly beautiful work, Zoran. These paintings are exquisite and if a less polished look is calling to you I hope you’ll enjoy trying out a new style. I’m so sorry to hear about the loss of your dad. May you find comfort in your studio.
Thank you Donna, you are being too kind! Yes, at the moment, it may be a good idea to let some work show the path... Thanks again and all the best!

Zoran

Hi Zoran, so sorry for your loss. Healing takes time. It's good to see you painting.

These are all beautiful studies, love the light and shadow. I like the looser brushstrokes in the last one.

Life gets in the way. So sorry for your loss, hope happy memories help the healing.
Beautiful paintings. Love your light and compositions. I'm smiling.

All of them are just beautiful, as always!💖 So sorry for your loss.

Beautiful work Zoran. You have such a way with light and dark. It's masterful. ♥️

I am so very sorry for your loss. I couldn't paint for the longest time after my parents died, so I fully understand what you're going through. Just give yourself time to feel the feelings. It's hard, but don't pressure yourself. My heart is with you. All of ours are. ♥️

Beautiful work Zoran. You have such a way with light and dark. It's masterful. ♥️

I am so very sorry for your loss. I couldn't paint for the longest time after my parents died, so I fully understand what you're going through. Just give yourself time to feel the feelings. It's hard, but don't pressure yourself. My heart is with you. All of ours are. ♥️
Thank you Ayin, you know how it feels... Your encouraging words mean a lot, thanks again.

Zoran

Oh I am so sorry.((HUGS)
Yes life happens and sometimes the artistic push goes quiet for a while.
Beautiful work. Really. Just sitting down and putting anything on the canvas or the paper is a good way to get started. See if that lights a little spark. It’s not good to wait too long for it to just reappear-you sometimes have to go work the process. And then hopefully you connect again.
I totally understand about wanting to loosen up.I had a post talking about that. And I went completely opposite. My husband sort of fooled me into doing some abstract just to get me up and doing something during a long illness.I was not really a person into abstracts, But he said he was going go out in the garage with my stuff and if I wanted I can come join him. Paint another one canvas beside him. So of course that pulled me in. He made mud. I kept going. 😉And I really enjoyed it. I mean I really, really enjoyed it. It ended the inertia. It was very freeing and I needed that. I tried to go a little partway a few years ago like you’re trying to do and I just tightened up again.So I find doing some of both helps each other, if that makes any sense. And now I love doing abstracts. I think that’s where my growth and excitement is now going to be. If you get playing with just mark making it really helps. I think it’s fun and actually good for an artist to switch it up. You don’t have to be just one thing.

Back