Pretty Rectangular

Iain

2 eyes.
At least, I think it is a rectangle. 😁

Pretty Rectangular .jpg

It could be a rectangle trying to fool us into thinking it's a cylinder with those color changes. I really like what you did with shapes and colors, Iain!

Yep, a rectangle but that color shading gives it a curved edge on the left. Well done. ❤️

Thanks both. Yes, it could be on the move with the light along the edge. I did not consider the 3d cylinder.

I see it flat. It is beautifully vibrant: the power of complementaries! I am reminded of that series of square painting that Josef Albers did.

Thank you, Hermes and Artyczar! I think consternation is what i felt when confronted by these abstract, solid (pure) colour images, and digital to boot! Some of the images appear to be merely frames, pictureless frames!

I heard a programme about the contemporary trend for collaboration in art (as opposed to the conception of the lone individual). I would balk at such a trend, but since producing digital images, I would be quite (very) happy to have some images reproduced by a third party in three dimensional form, if I had the resources.

I see it flat. It is beautifully vibrant: the power of complementaries! I am reminded of that series of square painting that Josef Albers did.

I feel a real affinity with Anni Alber's textiles, which I began looking at last night.

Maybe sometime you will have these resources and you can produce these amazing visions you have the way you see them in your head. I would LOVE to see them come to fruition. ♥️

Thanks, Ayin. I could use some of your energy, too. The work you have produced for the forthcoming exhibition is impressive!

Iain, you've undoubtedly told us this before, so please forgive me for repeating, but what is your technique to produce these beautiful images?

I hope that doesn't come across as a curt response, tc. I just photograph things, and then mess around with the values, if that is the right word.

Iain: thank you for the explanation. I think the "mess around" part is the artistry involved. And you clearly have a talent for it. My photographer friends are fascinated as well.

A: a mobile phone. 🤫
I'm glad someone asked! I thought I remembered you saying it was photography, but didn't remember it being a mobile.
I don't know what kind of grinder you're putting your photos through, but they come out artfully, and this one is no exception :)

Just got around to view this.. and am impressed, too.. you are definitely one of the best mobile phone artists.. I 100% MUST learn to make at least digital backgrounds for images.. inspiring 😉

Back