Portrait

snoball

Certifiable
Supporting Member
This is a portrait of my niece's little girl (does that make her my great niece? I dunno.) I painted it about 4 years ago.
cutie.jpg

Beautiful portrait. I believe one can see the relationship with her great aunt. No? Love the expression with eyes averted. Delightful 🙂

Thanks Iain. :giggle: The expression is what made me want to do a portrait of her. She is starting school this year and such a little ham. This was 4 years back.

She is starting school this year and such a little ham.
Good for her! Here they start school aged five, too early. It seems only five minutes since my daughter was like your great niece. Now her hair is half green and black, and she just went out the door with it teased out like Robert Smith (a la The Cure). Shocking!

Good for her! Here they start school aged five, too early. It seems only five minutes since my daughter was like your great niece. Now her hair is half green and black, and she just went out the door with it teased out like Robert Smith (a la The Cure). Shocking!
That's the way it works, they grow up all to fast. :(

Thank you Bizzi. No, I don't think she looks like me, she looks like her mom's side of the family. Her mom belongs to my husband's brother so no blood kin to me. :)

Thank you Ian, and yes, she's a cutie and getting to be quite the little ham. :giggle:

masterpiece, you have portrayed a masterpiece. expression, incredible look. fantastic job.
then the wish is for a happy and profitable school year, and from the attitude it is difficult that this is not the case

A beautiful painting of an adorable child, absolutely irresistible to daddies.
I had a brown eyed one like that; yesterday, wasn't it ?

Thank you Trier. Yes, it was just yesterday. I had a little brown eyed boy just yesterday too. :giggle:

Back